Paige Bueckers named Gatorade National Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers named Gatorade National Player of the Year

Reaction Score
Wow - trophy presented to her by Karl-Anthony Towns! Nice surprise. Paige is accumulating quite a posse!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige!!

In an extended interview, she said, "Mir's my dog." I see some alley-oops in their future.
I envision Aubrey [the "ONE"], Mir, Paige, Aaliyah & Liv being a fearsome fivesome next season, the best defensive, disruptive squad we could put out there ... :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow - trophy presented to her by Karl-Anthony Towns! Nice surprise. Paige is accumulating quite a posse!

Not Taurasi (or Sue Bird). Come on man. Yup. I am an idiot. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

It is an honor for a local NBA hero to give the award to recognize and add exposure to the women's game. I saw some of his interviews and he is very respectful of her game

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige!!

In an extended interview, she said, "Mir's my dog." I see some alley-oops in their future.

Do you have a link?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Have to give it to you Jingo. If nothing else, you are amazingly adept at beating the same drum.:rolleyes:
Yes, my so-called drum is the is8 motto, "Bring your game, not your name" .. unfortunately, we have several 'name' players who are unable to produce in the BIG games, isn't that so? That's my rationale... :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/the..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He's in Minn-e-SO-ta.

Yes. I actually am very sorry I reacted so harshly. Having an NBA player recognize female players is a big thing and he did see her game prior to the award. I also saw some of his interviews and he is really thoughtful and respectful of Paige and her game.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes. I actually am very sorry I reacted so harshly. Having an NBA player recognize female players is a big thing and he did see her game prior to the award. I also saw some of his interviews and he is really thoughtful and respectful of Paige and her game.
Yea, he seems pretty cool. And he's a pretty big deal there in Minneapolis.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One of the first people Bueckers told was her friend Azzi Fudd, the top-ranked prospect in the Class of 2021 who won last year's award as a sophomore.

"I was so happy for her last year when she won even though we were competing against each other," Bueckers said, "and I know she's happy for me."

Fudd is still uncommitted, but Bueckers has tried to sell her on joining her in Storrs. And she hopes the award helps.

"Hopefully it can be four UConn commits in a row if I can get Azzi to come," Bueckers said.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness next year she's going to some backwater college where there wil be no pressure.
Yea, right Jordy. When she arrives all the students will be staring up into the sky, One will say, "It's a bird". The next one will say, "It's a plane". Then Geno will say "It's my starting point guard".
"

Reaction Score
One of the first people Bueckers told was her friend Azzi Fudd, the top-ranked prospect in the Class of 2021 who won last year's award as a sophomore.

"I was so happy for her last year when she won even though we were competing against each other," Bueckers said, "and I know she's happy for me."

Fudd is still uncommitted, but Bueckers has tried to sell her on joining her in Storrs. And she hopes the award helps.

"Hopefully it can be four UConn commits in a row if I can get Azzi to come," Bueckers said.

Four in a row?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom