OT: - Paige Buckets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Paige Buckets

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
First player in UConn WBB history with 3 straight 30-point games. In just her 14th game. Wow.
Hard to believe considering the talent that’s come through here. Nonetheless, very impressive! She’s fun to watch play

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Not going to say who is better or not but what I just saw was amazing. As a freshman against the number one team in the nation, she willed her team to win by scoring the team's last 11 points.

Just saying she's better than Turasi, Moore, Brianna etc is just splitting hairs. As a UConn fan, it's a great problem to have.
IMHO, Brianna was the best ever. She did everything, Threes, take to the hoop, Pull up jumpers and rebounding. She was amazing.

Reaction Score
A personal 4-0 run to force overtime, followed by a 7-0 run to swing the game and deliver the final dagger on a friendly bounce.

31 points, 3rd 30-burger in a row.

She is unbelievable. As a freshman, she's better than Taurasi.
She is a stud. You better beat the Lady Huskies this year because you will not beat them over the next 3 seasons. They have no seniors and a stud freshman class and a great recruiting class coming in.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm gonna need to catch a women's game or two in Atlantis. Amazing.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Pretty nice having the Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan and Lebron James of Women's College Basketball all from the same team and us arguing who is better and now we are bringing in Ray Allen!

Reaction Score
Here's a good one. Coach Staley blames the loss on the brand of basketball they were using (I think Wilson vs Nike?). Go over to the women's board if you want to see her post-game. Really lame.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

That was awesome. Good to see the guys supporting her and the team.

Paige was amazing last year in HS if you watched any of her clips. Sometimes you see a player that just has preternatural court awareness, like sonar telling them where everyone is and where they will be. Sometimes you see amazing athletic ability. Not often do you see it come together in one player.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Paige would have had double figure assists last night if her teammates could make layups. Something comparable to the men’s team.

Reaction Score
An incredible talent, for sure.
I usually don't watch very many of the women's games, but I've watched a few this year and have been impressed with Paige.
She is the real deal.

Reaction Score
She might be the best women’s player Ive ever seen and she’s 18. Special and fun to watch.
Paige turned 19 a few months ago. The players are older than you think. For example, Anna will be 21 next month, and Muhl turns 20 in two months.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Brianna was the best ever. She did everything, Threes, take to the hoop, Pull up jumpers and rebounding. She was amazing.
We'll be able to do the full comparison in four years, but Breanna was not this dominant at this point of her freshman year. But she didn't need to be with a better supporting cast.

She was up and down and then the light bulb came on in the conference tournament and the NCAA and made her 4 Titles' prediction a reality.

Paige is having to carry this team. Taurasi was similar, but had a terrible night in the National Semi-Final, so let's see how it all plays out. But, from everything she's shown, from the poise to executing and leading, she may turn out to be our best ever.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1612896679423.png

*credit to Diana Tarausi's bun on twitter

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We'll be able to do the full comparison in four years, but Breanna was not this dominant at this point of her freshman year.
She was a month from now, though.

Reaction Score
I think the "Legend of Paige Bueckers" is well under way. I'm not sure how much better she can be, but it's going to be a blast finding out over the next few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom