Paige and the blanket extra year of eligibility.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige and the blanket extra year of eligibility..

Reaction Score
What was the happiest day of your life? turning 21?, Getting married?, The birth of your children/grandchildren?, graduating from high school/college?, your discharge from the US Armed Forces? having your mother-in-law-move out? :eek: I'll bet some of our BY brethren have some interesting stories behind the happiest day of their lives.
By far, the birth of my children. I don't think any thing comes remotely close. Maybe this should be it's own OT thread?

Reaction Score
What was the happiest day of your life? turning 21?, Getting married?, The birth of your children/grandchildren?, graduating from high school/college?, your discharge from the US Armed Forces? having your mother-in-law-move out? :eek: I'll bet some of our BY brethren have some interesting stories behind the happiest day of their lives.
The day I joined the BY

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Dear Sage, darn this is the difficult question to answer I have faced in many years. At the age of 72 you would think I would have thought of this by now but no I am stumped for an answer. Maybe the first time I had sex? Until then wondered if it would ever happen, great but maybe winning championships playing and coaching? Maybe the day I got married? Could be standing in Alaska looking at almost anything? Gee maybe still waiting for that day. Now I'm depressed. Help!

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy if she wins 1 national championship in her four years at UConn. This team has a long long long way to go before I would consider them a contender for the National Championship.
From the looks of it, every team has a long long way to go.

Reaction Score
Just send me a blank check...I'll fill in the amount. ;)
With a mask, Biff is even scarier! :eek:
5.jpg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Here's one qualifier: This does not feel like a real season. With nobody there, all the games feel like scrimmage games. And I feel like that about professional sports too. (Does anyone remember who won the World Series?) But these kids have been denied the experience of large crowds cheering them on. And we don't know that next year will be any better. For that reason, one might chose to stay an extra year, and enjoy the full college experience.

For a lot of kids I think this is definitely accurate. Top notch talent i think will be more inclined to leave with higher salaries in the W and the opportunity to monetize themselves on social media and other platforms. We've already seen that trend start in 2019 and 2020 with a number of collegiate juniors declaring early and others considering it.

Reaction Score
If shes as good as we think she is shes bouncing to the pros as soon as she can. Enjoy her while shes here.

Reaction Score
But then people questioned Azure and Megan for leaving after three years played and no natty. So if there's no decision then number of years played isn't a factor, yeah?
Look how well they're doing too.

Reaction Score
The extra year of eligibility topic will ramp up as season nears end with outgoing seniors. It’s an intriguing situation for me especially for the athletes that know they won’t make a wnba team or wont play after college. If enough of them decide to take the extra year it’s going to make some fun teams with depth and experience. IMO it will affect the mid to low P5 teams and mid majors the most in a positive way. It’s still a way off but it will be intriguing.
There are already student athletes contemplating and excited for the extra year with social media posts and a couple from some top P5 teams.
It could make those teams you mentioned revelant for a year to bring back that experience.

Reaction Score
If shes as good as we think she is shes bouncing to the pros as soon as she can. Enjoy her while shes here.
Paige will do her 4 but Azzi might leave with her after 3.

Reaction Score
Look how well they're doing too.
Can’t come to UConn to leave early. Never gunna get those facilities and coaching anywhere else. Ain’t like they’re going to the NBA and make millions as a rookie. Women have to go overseas to make any $. If you’re gunna leave early go somewhere else. Maybe that’s the reason Meg doesn’t get on the wall.

Reaction Score
Can’t come to UConn to leave early. Never gunna get those facilities and coaching anywhere else. Ain’t like they’re going to the NBA and make millions as a rookie. Women have to go overseas to make any $. If you’re gunna leave early go somewhere else. Maybe that’s the reason Meg doesn’t get on the wall.
She will be on the wall. She was a first team all-American.

Reaction Score
She will be on the wall. UConn probably waiting for the fans to come back.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If they have a shot at five, a big IF at this point, it would be something to consider for the whole class. Is the NCAA waiving roster limits?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: Where is this money going to be coming from considering that the vast majority of NCAA women's teams operate at a deficit and play in arenas that are only populated by close family and friends? Take Villanova WBB for example which averages roughly 1000 fans per game only by giving free tickets to grade schools kids. The WNBA salary 2020 salary cap was be $1.3 million. You may be thinking of the WNBA super max salary which is $215,000.

Reaction Score
Okay: let's get this over with. Get rid of the dog in front of Gampel, build a statue to Paige, and keep her forevah making an uncatchable pass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom