Paige and Azzi keeping busy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige and Azzi keeping busy

Reaction Score
As Geno said in the Slappin' Glass Podcast, all the kids today can play offense against the cones :)

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Nika's sister Hana is working out with her. Rumor has it that Hana is even more competitive than Nika, which is a scary thought.
Right, forgot about her.....having started for UConn apparently has raised her status and elevated the profile of women BB players over there. Hoping a good coach is helping them.

Reaction Score
There is fast and fast enough. Azzi is fast enough. Fast enough to be First Team All American.
There is quick and fast, fast, and quick. All can be improved but quickness yields immediate dividends on offense. On defense, it helps most in switching. Her first step looks quick to me and, as you say, she is fast enough.....that will do nicely. The quickness will get her open against most defenders which is enough for her quick release.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about these 2 working out together this spring/summer and here they be. Azzi's knee look OK to you? Both look fresh and sassy. The talent is breath-taking. Slim at the 1 and Azzi the 2: about to become something that's rarely ever been seen in hallowed Storrs (since Di and Sue). And Paige is in no small way responsible for Fudd's coming--a perfect storm.

Reaction Score
There is fast and fast enough. Azzi is fast enough. Fast enough to be First Team All American.
I don't think she's in maximum shape right now as she's coming back from an ankle injury............she may not be as quick as she was prior to her knee injury but she doesn't need to be...............she's still three times quicker than KML who managed to have an "OK" UConn career........

Reaction Score
I've been thinking about these 2 working out together this spring/summer and here they be. Azzi's knee look OK to you? Both look fresh and sassy. The talent is breath-taking. Slim at the 1 and Azzi the 2: about to become something that's rarely ever been seen in hallowed Storrs (since Di and Sue). And Paige is in no small way responsible for Fudd's coming--a perfect storm.
only know if she is 100% recovered physically and mentally from that devastating injury.............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
DiDi Richards had no problem doing it, I suspect there will be others that can too.
Agreed. Richards like Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams is “exceptionally gifted” at guarding her assignments. Yes, there are others, but few and far between. They won’t see too many “DiDi’s” going forward, and should have their way against most teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Nika's sister Hana is working out with her. Rumor has it that Hana is even more competitive than Nika, which is a scary thought.

Darko and his wife are former players. I'm sure they help. There is some talent in Croatia, though I doubt that Nika is working out with anyone as good as Azzi. I'm not concerned about Nika. She's my slime. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi isn't wearing a brace or sleeve. I've gotta believe she's fine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No, one of Azzi's shots hit the rim before falling in the basket. Paige wins.

If you watch Azzi long enough, you'll see that her shots barely hit the net. There's a swish and then there's a swish that barely grazes the net. When Azzi practices FTs, her goal is to never hit the rim.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Hana Muhl must be a real animal!! :D

Reaction Score
DiDi Richards had no problem doing it, I suspect there will be others that can too.
In the Baylor game Paige shot 45% overall and 42% from three point range. If that is the standard for shutting Paige down the bar is not set very high. Paige had 28 points in that game. The people who got shut down in that game where our post players not Paige .Did she have to work extra hard maybe, but good shooting percentage and 28 points doesn’t sound shut down to me.

Reaction Score
Paige is seen working on her step-back shots. This is a new skill for her arsenal. In the Arizona game, she had some trouble freeing herself for an open shot. She looks a little quicker while some have commented that Azzi doesn't. They seem to be working with Azzi on the type of shots she will get off of the elbow screens for mid-range foul area jumpers. That shot was open for Paige most of last year. Azzi has great body control around the paint. She doesn't drive into trouble. She will stop and do her midrange jumpers. They are getting ready. Azzi will know the offense from Paige before she gets to UConn, so we don't have to worry about that.

Reaction Score
I'm sure she's found a large tree branch to lift. ;)
Hard on the hands and maybe arms as well......she'll stay with the weights in the gym ??

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure she's found a large tree branch to lift. ;)
I’m sure she’ll figure something out.
sylvester stallone 80s GIF

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Do you think Fox has the forsight to see what will be happening in Storrs next Fall? I'm sure SNY does, and ESPN does. Will they get their act together and see that UCONN will be must see TV with their two generational stars? Will they put them on the main FOX station, or will they put their head in the sand and not make a decision that may make them a destination for top quality WBB. If they do, they must invest in a proven WBB commentator, someone who know the players and knows the impact that a Paige/Azzi combo would produce.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hard on the hands and maybe arms as well......she'll stay with the weights in the gym ??

It was an allusion to an article posted awhile back about her "pro" team in Croatia. They didn't have weights, and one player actually worked out with a big tree branch.

Reaction Score
It was an allusion to an article posted awhile back about her "pro" team in Croatia. They didn't have weights, and one player actually worked out with a big tree branch.
Ah, so.....maybe Toni Kukoc has donated to help them with training facilities??? And maybe other Croatian BB players who made it big have chipped in? Hope so....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom