Paige and Azzi keeping busy | The Boneyard

Paige and Azzi keeping busy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1619622642763.png

"Next year UConn Woman's basketball is going to be insane!"

Reaction Score
Good thing they are practicing, I assume the rest of the team is just kicking back and watching these seemingly never ending videos.
For this team oriented old schooler, the “teenybopper like” obsession with these two players is a bit much. Just my opinion of course, but then I think The Beatles were the greatest of all rock and roll bands by far but feel the adoration for them was also WAY over the top.

Reaction Score
After she committed to UConn Azzi declared that there will multiple NCs coming......these two are trying to do the best they can to prepare. Paige is minus one already from her stated goal.

Am sure the word to teammates has gone out as reminder while some are clearing their minds......the incomings who didn't play much during the year are probably working out as well....

Wonder if there is someone helping Nika in Croatia....

CL82

Reaction Score
Good thing they are practicing, I assume the rest of the team is just kicking back and watching these seemingly never ending videos.
For this team oriented old schooler, the “teenybopper like” obsession with these two players is a bit much. Just my opinion of course, but then I think The Beatles were the greatest of all rock and roll bands by far but feel the adoration for them was also WAY over the top.
And yet you clicked on the thread. [shrugs]

Reaction Score
Azzi has a nice handle but does not appear to be as quick as Paige. I wonder if they will speed her up once she gets to Storrs.
That question has been brought up before once about Azzi on another board, well find out soon, playing against other D1 talent and remaining at the top of her class would be a good sign to me.

Reaction Score
After she committed to UConn Azzi declared that there will multiple NCs coming......these two are trying to do the best they can to prepare. Paige is minus one already from her stated goal.

Am sure the word to teammates has gone out as reminder while some are clearing their minds......the incomings who didn't play much during the year are probably working out as well....

Can you provide a link to that declaration?

Reaction Score
I can’t see Azzi not being a starter next year. Maryland and South Carolina could be close, but what backcourt will be better than Paige Buckets and Auto Fudd?
I can - at the start of the year. As the year progress and Azzi integrates herself well into the execution of switching defense, she will take more minutes and likely is on the floor with Paige and Christyn in the 3rd & 4th quarters during crucial moments against stronger opponents. However, during that progression, she could be in to start games if the team does not start out strong. In any case, look for Christyn, Paige, and Azzi more as the season approaches the tournaments as well as early on against Non-conference opponents.

Coach has to make sure the other players are given time to develop and integrate themselves into the system and he mixes and matches the players depending on the opponents.

Reaction Score
Can you provide a link to that declaration?
Have to look for it.....her announcement immediately after the commitment.

“I have a feeling we have muliple national championships in our future,” she said on Live.

She announced her decision on ESPN’s Instagram Live, revealing a UConn t-shirt under her jacket while her dog, named Stewie, also wore a UConn shirt.

[/URL]

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Fair point but that doesn’t change my opinion in the least.
Nor my interest in it, in all fairness.

CL82

Reaction Score
I declare that little battle a tie!
In all honesty, I give Paige a slight but definite advantage. That's not a surprise. She's a year older and has been in the program a year already. No slight intended to Azzi. Paige is just incredibly smooth.

The two of them on the court together will be a daunting combo. As you pointed out (I think), there is only one 'opposing teams best defender' and their are the two of them and that's not counting the rest of the team.

We are still doomed, however.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure that Nika's sister Hana is working out with her. Rumor has it that Hana is even more competitive than Nika, which is a scary thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom