Paige already making a difference | The Boneyard

Paige already making a difference

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno's comment on the thumb tells me there was no definitive evaluation yet.

Reaction Score
Geno's comment on the thumb tells me there was no definitive evaluation yet.
His comment was from before First Night last week. Sounds like UConn didn't update the media either way (Paige's thumb is fine, Paige's thumb is not fine) which really means nothing because they have no reason to provide further updates either way.

sun

Reaction Score
It's a brilliant idea to have refs calling fouls at practice.
I wonder what took so long to come up with that idea?
I guess that necessity is the mother of invention, & Geno's desire to win NC #12 within Paige's open window.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Heck, I'd give her thumb an MRI right out of practice.

Reaction Score
Heck, I'd give her thumb an MRI right out of practice.
Do you MRI thumbs?? I had a pretty bad broken thumb from playing basketball where i couldn't move my other four fingers on the same had. It only took four weeks to heal with a robust brace and no MRI needed, just some X-Rays.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I guess that necessity is the mother of invention, & Geno's desire to win NC #12 within Paige's open window.
This has happened for a while...Refs use it to get back into game shape and train/implement the new rules.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was the fouls so much as the traveling. We have more traveling calls than we do fouls. A lot of our turnovers are from traveling.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
You are correct, she has not committed a foul in her college career. Has she been erroneously called for fouling? Yes, yes she has.
I think you are right, just ask her.

Reaction Score

I wonder which ref's Geno called up to work his practices. Who Worked the last UCONN / Tennessee game?

Reaction Score
I love seeing Geno get all worked up like in that TENN game. Uconn barely squeezed out a win. You cannot play BB against Uconn, because they will bury you with their finesse and precision. The only way some coached think is to out muscle Uconn and maul the players. Fortunately it seldom works. I wonder how many technicals CD has saved Geno by stepping in and pulling him back. Just curious.

Reaction Score
Fouls? What fouls? From what I understand, Nika has yet to foul in her college career. :rolleyes:
NIKA is one of the most talented player on Uconn. She has the ability to disrupt the other teams routine and set plays by guarding their best shooter and dribblers. That alone is why NIKA is WDPOY 2 years in a row, 3 coming up. Second is AUBREY. With a healthy team this year, it's going to be a blast to be a UCONN fan this year. GO HUSKIES!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Do you MRI thumbs?? I had a pretty bad broken thumb from playing basketball where i couldn't move my other four fingers on the same had. It only took four weeks to heal with a robust brace and no MRI needed, just some X-Rays.
An weak attempt at humor while expressing "maybe you ought to look at that".

Reaction Score
His comment was from before First Night last week. Sounds like UConn didn't update the media either way (Paige's thumb is fine, Paige's thumb is not fine) which really means nothing because they have no reason to provide further updates either way.
In an earlier thread on the BY showed a picture of heavy taping on Paige's wrist and thumb. The First Night pictures showed a very small amount of taping on her thumb, and nothing on her wrist. That's all the update that I need. We most probably will not get anything further.

Reaction Score
Geno on Paige:

"This year (in practice) our big guys and our guards are getting shots that they would never have gotten last year" "when the shot clock gets to 2 seconds we get shots off that we wouldn't have last season".

Reaction Score
Took a while to identify which thumb was injured. Makes a difference. Duh.
Anyone surprised that Paige improves the line-up? Every thing that happens to the girl frightens those of us who have lived with years of not having her available. How could the fates deprive us of the golden career Paige should have had, and what remains? Is joy reserved for Swifties?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom