Paige “The Hulk” Bueckers | The Boneyard

Paige “The Hulk” Bueckers

Reaction Score
While a lot of attention is being paid to the freshmen, and rightfully so, I feel that we've become so accustomed to Paige's greatness, that we are not properly appreciating what she has accomplished the last 2 games individually after not playing basketball well over a year.

If you were a casual fan and tuned into the game last night, you would have never guessed that she suffered major injuries. She sees the game so effortlessly and she's added attacking the basket more frequently to her arsenal of weapons. Her 3-pt stroke is reminiscent of her freshman year, and she hasn't really had to utilize her deadly pull-up jumper that much.

I thought it might take longer for her to recover her after, particularly after the Dayton game, but obviously I underestimated her. The freshmen couldn't have a better leader to take their cues from and when it is crunch time, there's no one else I want to have the ball. As talented as the freshmen are, there still will be growing pains, but it is much more comforting to have Paige available to take the weight off their shoulders when the game is on the line.

One final note. I don't recall another superstar player who gets less calls in her favor. Maybe the refs think it's already unfair as talented and gifted as she is. I know she prepared herself for the physicality of the season, but my goodness, does she ever get knocked to the floor.

Reaction Score
If possible, Paige could be even more effective once her thumb heals. Anyone know the specific injury and antipated recovery time?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom