Paige’s productivity | The Boneyard

Paige’s productivity

Reaction Score
I thought that Paige’s game yesterday was comparable to her NCSU game in March of 2022. She was remarkable, scintillating, spectacular.
Listening to her in the presser after yesterday's game, it sounded like she's accepted what's befallen the team and is ready to move ahead. Like Nan mentioned, wait till she's ready to play at 100%. She elevates the term "floor general" to a whole new level of meaning.

Not being able to play with Azzi & Caroline's "uncertain" status seemed to take a toll on Paige's mental outlook. Yesterday, she appeared to wipe the slate clean. Let's hope it's just the beginning. Only 9 games back and her numbers are amazing. Early in the season she was just missing on some of her drives to the basket. Yesterday, the degree of difficulty on some of her shots would make a platform diver jealous and she made them look easy. Her timing is coming back and confidence in her body holding up is also showing. The sky is the limit for her.

Reaction Score
Not sure why posters keep saying that Paige is not 100%, she has no rust and is to totally back, Can we move on?

Reaction Score
Not sure why posters keep saying that Paige is not 100%, she has no rust and is to totally back, Can we move on?
Earlier this year it appeared her game stamina wasn’t as good as we hoped.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Bueckers highest ratings came early sophomore year, before she was injured. Next best were her freshman season ratings, earning her NPOY. Her sophomore season post injury were worst.

What has happened this year so far mirrors later her sophomore season post injury: starting off subpar (for her) but steadily improved until the NC State masterpiece.

I don’t think there’s any more rust to get off, but her ratings should improve further as: 1) they continue to balance out an inefficient start (for her); and 2) we are done with injuries and the efficiency of the whole team increases with stable line ups for the first time in three years.

Reaction Score
Paige is playing well but she’s “fallen” into the habit of falling to the floor every time she attacks the basket. She needs to play through the contact - which is something CC has greatly improved upon.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Paige fall on the floor than try to land awkwardly on her feet (and knees). Reminds me of Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid where they had to learn how to fall properly instead of trying to land awkwardly and tweak their fragile knees.

Reaction Score
Paige is so fun to watch. But what impressed me the most was how she got on her team after that block when they didn't get the ball. She has to do way more of that. I remember watching All Access at the beginning of the season and Geno saying (again!) that it can't just be 40 minutes of Paige.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else hold their breath every time Paige hits the floor (which is pretty often?
Especially in those 4th quarter moments and we are either up 14-18 points or down 14-18 points and there are only 2-3 minutes left in the game.

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
Paige is so fun to watch. But what impressed me the most was how she got on her team after that block when they didn't get the ball. She has to do way more of that. I remember watching All Access at the beginning of the season and Geno saying (again!) that it can't just be 40 minutes of Paige.
So true. But in fairness, Paige had some serious bounce on that block and Nika was probably shocked to see Paige get that high on a block and forgot to block her man out. I would have been like Nika and probably would have been on the bench the rest of the game. :D

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Paige fall on the floor than try to land awkwardly on her feet (and knees). Reminds me of Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid where they had to learn how to fall properly instead of trying to land awkwardly and tweak their fragile knees.
I'd rather she wasn't getting hip checked, face raked, and arm slashed on every trip into the lane (unless they were gonna call them all).

Reaction Score
Does anyone else hold their breath every time Paige hits the floor (which is pretty often?
Not really because she is falling on her terms. I think she does this to prevent herself from landing on feet hitting the ground awkwardly as she lands. In a lot of ways it is protecting her knees and ankles which is exactly what you want.

Reaction Score
Paige is an incredible talent and has the ability to take over any game without shooting balls from half court. She is a master at getting to the basket and even though she isn't extremely tall she shoots the ball from a high position which helps around the basket. I think this team is just as good with Paige and AE in the line up regardless of who the other three happen to be with them.

Reaction Score
Watch the replays of the blocks. Paige has realized that a player has to actually JUMP to block shots. She times and gathers herself to get up to block the shot. Also watch the action under the basket and you will see very few players (both sides) actually sky for a rebound. Most never leave the floor and a few jump a few inches.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m reminded of Stewie when she was at UConn. She took a lot of hits, but developed a “Gumby-like” way of falling that actually protected her from serious injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom