Page Bueckers gets a mention at UConn’s football spring practice | The Boneyard

Page Bueckers gets a mention at UConn’s football spring practice

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right around the four minute mark:

What’s the takeaway on this? UConn football coach Jim Mora watched the elite eight game and used pages play as an example for the team. What was kind of interesting is a lot of the players watched it as well. Sometimes on the sport I feel like there is a little animosity towards football, but we’re all one school. The videos and interesting look into football practice and what Jim Mora is trying to build.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The players at UConn, all sports, know each other and many are friendly. Remember Rip Hamilton after he graduated cheering for the women’s team during the NBA season? He was betting guys on his team that the women would win. Ray Allen is another and I know former QB Dan Orlovsky was a friend to many on the team. World Series champion George Springer, too

Reaction Score
I think it's great. You realize this is a sea change, or at least an example of a sea change that already occurred. There was a time when no football coach would ever be talking about a female athlete as someone to be emulated by his team. I give a lot of credit to Mora for doing that and the reaction by some of the players was also significant when you look at it from an historical point of view. This player, this Paige, is not just a female athlete, she is a great athlete and competitor, and you need to be like her. Pretty heady stuff if you think about it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
There seems to be more cross-sport support at UConn than in past years? And some of the events seem to be promoting it like the recent blue day of BB, SB. Love to see an athletic dept with consistent messaging.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The players at UConn, all sports, know each other and many are friendly. Remember Rip Hamilton after he graduated cheering for the women’s team during the NBA season? He was betting guys on his team that the women would win. Ray Allen is another and I know former QB Dan Orlovsky was a friend to many on the team. World Series champion George Springer, too

By the way, baseball is off to a very hot start. I believe they are 19 -6 overall and have won every series this year. For those of you who don’t know baseball has a new field, Elliott ballpark, which is a really attractive venue. Chair backs are $11, bleacher eight dollars, or you can bring a blanket, or your own chairs and sit out on the berm in right field for five dollars.
49E9AAC0-97FB-47AE-9DD2-8E42F5B58C6D.jpeg

1649181191203.jpeg

Reaction Score

I remember when Ray attended UConn. I believe Kara Wolters had Ray‘s daughter on her lap during a men’s game. Who else can truly understand the pressures of playing at UConn except for a fellow athlete?

Reaction Score
Thanks for this. I'm so used to looking at basketball players who can be long and lean. These guys are huge! I really hope the football team does well this season, and if I lived closer I'd be at almost every baseball game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
That field look fantastic! The shot of folks sitting on the hill down the first base line reminds me
of fans sitting beyond the fences in Williamsport...Little League finals. Great idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom