Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Abdul-Malik Abu - Jared Terrel
Mudiay - Myles Turner
Tyus Jones - Jahlil Okafor
Stanley Johnson - Justise Winslow
Aaron and Andrew Harrison

Is this the future of recruiting? Now the recruits in a way are almost forcing college coaches to develop recruiting strategy around the demands of an 18 year old and his friend.

So two questions, is this the future ? If it is, will Uconn and Mr. Ollie get involved with this theme?

Reaction Score
the only package deal that even seems realistic of happening is Jones and Okafor, I wouldn't group the Harrison twins in that group, it seems like if twins are on the elite level they end up going to school together. I wouldn't take Zagoria posting every single day about some possible package deal as a sign that they're the new wave in college basketball recruiting.

Reaction Score
It's always something that sound great eighteen months before stepping on a college campus, but there are so many moving parts to every recruitment that most of them end up falling apart.

Reaction Score
Last package deal we got helped win a national championship. They can't be too bad, right?

Reaction Score
Last package deal we got helped win a national championship. They can't be too bad, right?

I hope you aren't talking about the "Bad Mouth Transfer Brothers" from MA....

Reaction Score
Abdul-Malik Abu - Jared Terrel
Mudiay - Myles Turner
Tyus Jones - Jahlil Okafor
Stanley Johnson - Justise Winslow
Aaron and Andrew Harrison

Is this the future of recruiting? Now the recruits in a way are almost forcing college coaches to develop recruiting strategy around the demands of an 18 year old and his friend.

So two questions, is this the future ? If it is, will Uconn and Mr. Ollie get involved with this theme?

I've not heard the Mudiay & Turner one before, but that would be a good one for SMU.
I've also read about Winslow joining T. Jones & Okafor in a trio.

Reaction Score
I hope you aren't talking about the "Bad Mouth Transfer Brothers" from MA....
Yes, I am. Call them what you will, but they did help a lot that season, and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Reaction Score
Yes, I am. Call them what you will, but they did help a lot that season.

Well, one helped during that run & then cried his way out of town the next year.... while the other chucked up airball after airball, while keeping the opponent in the game.

I think I'd like a more stable package deal next time! ;)

Reaction Score
Yes, I am. Call them what you will, but they did help a lot that season, and I don't think anyone can deny that.

They also both transferred and finished up at other programs.

Reaction Score
Ok, that sounds a bit creepy the way you worded it...

I swear it wasn't creepy at all.........quite the contrary, have a few beers with me and my buddy who was on the cruise with me and we will explain..........:D

Reaction Score
I swear it wasn't creepy at all.........quite the contrary, have a few beers with me and my buddy who was on the cruise with me and we will explain..........:D

LOL - I'm not sure that is helping!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well, one helped during that run & then cried his way out of town the next year.... while the other chucked up airball after airball, while keeping the opponent in the game.

I think I'd like a more stable package deal next time! ;)
duck stable, I want another national title. I'd take an AO/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel situation again in a heartbeat

Reaction Score
duck stable, I want another national title. I'd take an AO/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel situation again in a heartbeat

Yeah but Jamal Coombs-McDaniel had very little to do with that run. AO helped some but his credibility was totally lost the next year. Save the drama, I say. Players who want to be here & contribute to the team are who I want, rather than bitter crybabies who worried about touches.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yeah but Jamal Coombs-McDaniel had very little to do with that run. AO helped some but his credibility was totally lost the next year. Save the drama, I say. Players who want to be here & contribute to the team are who I want, rather than bitter crybabies who worried about touches.
Bitter crybabies who contribute to national titles are just fine.

Reaction Score
We could talk about the other package deal that helped bring us a title.

Although Mike LeBlanc ended up not contributing much to it.

Reaction Score
LOL - I'm not sure that is helping!

Ok how's this, separate cabins but a package deal nonetheless........;)..........should be a lot less creepy now if you know what I mean.......LOL

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET