PAC 12 WBB News | Page 31 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To use a famous baseball expression, I think Mark Campbell was the straw that stirred the drink for Oregon WBB.
Tend to agree. Might apply to the assistants that moved on from Oregon State too.

Reaction Score
Endiya Rogers should be 1st Team PAC-12. ER has had an impressive year, and was impressive before she transferred. ER is the best player on the Duck's roster. OSU needs an ER-type guard.
She is a good little player. Scrappy as hell and one of my favorites this year. Most consistent that is for sure.

Reaction Score
FMafNSmVkAQ9enu

That was a beat down.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
FMafNSmVkAQ9enu

That was a beat down.
Now 9-6 in the PAC 12 which has 1 other ranked team. I dont think they deserve to host unless other teams majorly flub or they upset Stanford in the PAC 12 Tourney.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I'll give them some leeway playing without Reese for the first time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Now 9-6 in the PAC 12 which has 1 other ranked team. I dont think they deserve to host unless other teams majorly flub or they upset Stanford in the PAC 12 Tourney.
The committee will cut them some slack for this loss if Reese comes back healthy. Even without that leniency, I doubt Arizona would drop below a 4 seed as of tonight. Tennessee took two really bad losses between the 1st and 2nd reveals and was still a 3 seed.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The committee will cut them some slack for this loss if Reese comes back healthy. Even without that leniency, I doubt Arizona would drop below a 4 seed as of tonight. Tennessee took two really bad losses between the 1st and 2nd reveals and was still a 3 seed.
Yeah, you’re probably right but I actually might have to root for Lindsay Gottlieb for the 1st time in my life on Saturday just to see how Adia (and Joan blowhard Bonvicini) handle that loss and their PAC12 seeding. :p

Reaction Score
Since USC already beat them this season, I thought Arizona would be ready for revenge but their really poor showing and SC's last second win against ASU might mean something else. Miura has now had heroics agains both Arizona teams and I think teams should be more aware of her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Look out, Washington is on a 2 game winning streak! Now all they have to do is beat Stanford on the road to climb out of the cellar. :rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yeah, you’re probably right but I actually might have to root for Lindsay Gottlieb for the 1st time in my life on Saturday just to see how Adia (and Joan blowhard Bonvicini) handle that loss and their PAC12 seeding. :p
Adia handles losing, she's done a lot of it at Arizona. Less now.

Arizona is probably not really quite at a top 16 seed level, although they may sneak in. They have been inconsistent, particularly against good (but not necessarily better) opponents. In an interview before yesterday Adia spoke about the need to win both games to put the team in a position for success, hosting, etc. Losing - and losing the way they did (and no, you can't downplay Cate Reese's injury) - is a big step back. Losing to USC would be disastrous for postseason hopes.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As a PAC-12 Homer, there's a bit too much schadenfreude in this thread for my tastes, especially from fans from other conferences. :confused:

Reaction Score
Look out, Washington is on a 2 game winning streak! Now all they have to do is beat Stanford on the road to climb out of the cellar. :rolleyes:
Mulkey was not a good transfer would have been much better letting her back up play and develop

Reaction Score
As a PAC-12 Homer, there's a bit too much schadenfreude in this thread for my tastes, especially from fans from other conferences. :confused:
What does schadenfreude mean? I’m too lazy to look it up
Side note: Wash St was so lucky to hit 2 3’s in final minute to take the final score down from a 13 pt loss to a respectable looking 7 point loss. Mission accomplished!!! One more minute of regulation and it would of been Huskies going away!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What? :rolleyes: I openly root for Stanford and openly against virtually every other program-save OSU, Utah and UW. OSU is not NCAA worthy this year and UW has a long row to hoe. I watch almost everyone of the league games and feel pretty knowledgeable on the ins and outs of who is “real” and who isn’t. Based on Adia’s Less than professional motivational comments in her huddle last year against us and her actions in other games this year, notably Oregon, but yeah, schadenfreude is appropriate!

Reaction Score
What? :rolleyes: I openly root for Stanford and openly against virtually every other program-save OSU, Utah and UW. OSU is not NCAA worthy this year and UW has a long row to hoe. I watch almost everyone of the league games and feel pretty knowledgeable on the ins and outs of who is “real” and who isn’t. Based on Adia’s Less than professional motivational comments in her huddle last year against us and her actions in other games this year, notably Oregon, but yeah, schadenfreude is appropriate!
Just looked up schadenfreude. Guilty! I like seeing Gottlieb and Barnes lose. Watching Washington basketball is torture Washington St is erratic but I have a soft spot for them. Teder has replaced Charlisse as the mvp of that team. Charlesse’s 3 pt shooting is way off. She’s still doing a lot of good things but it would make a big difference if she could hit the 3

What’s happened to Alyssa Pili?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member