Pac 12 Network | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Network

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For those who have Uverse and don't yet know, the Pac 12 network is no longer available. There are a lot of upset people who are calling for the firing of the commissioner of the conference, Larry Scott.

Reaction Score
For those who have Uverse and don't yet know, the Pac 12 network is no longer available. There are a lot of upset people who are calling for the firing of the commissioner of the conference, Larry Scott.
Pac 12 Network is struggling. They do a great job with woman’s basketball. Great announcing teams except Az State two are sooo bad.
PAC 12 number of homes is shrinking compared to other estab conference networks

Reaction Score

Scott's handling of the negotiations was ABYSMAL! He tried to play hardball with DirecTV(The second largest pay TV provider) and was too incompetent/stupid/stubborn to realize that UVerse(The fourth largest pay TV provider) and DirecTV are BOTH owned by AT&T. Well, AT&T played hardball right back, and dropped the Pac 12 network. Scott is responsible for losing 25,000,000 subscriptions because of sheer stupidity!

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
That is bad, really bad. Thanks for the information.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thank you Spectrum. You remain my heroes.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is the PAC12 Network associated with ESPN, like the SEC Network or are they all by themselves?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I'm still looking for a Sports Bar in Connecticut which carries the Pac-12 Network.
Any ideas?

Reaction Score
Scott's handling of the negotiations was ABYSMAL! He tried to play hardball with DirecTV(The second largest pay TV provider) and was too incompetent/stupid/stubborn to realize that UVerse(The fourth largest pay TV provider) and DirecTV are BOTH owned by AT&T. Well, AT&T played hardball right back, and dropped the Pac 12 network. Scott is responsible for losing 25,000,000 subscriptions because of sheer stupidity!
Reason I twice did not subscribe to DIR TV was no PAC 12. I get the Sling Orange pkg which included as a small part of the overall channel lineup all PAC 12 Reg channels. I pay $25 a month. Definitely won’t consider Uverse now either. PAC 12 has no affiliation with ESPN.

Reaction Score
I'm still looking for a Sports Bar in Connecticut which carries the Pac-12 Network.
Any ideas?
I believe Dish satellite carries PAC 12. Find a sports bar w Dish

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Most sports fans out here have known for years that Scott is incompetent. Football and men's basketball are flailing. You can't blame all of that on the commissioner, but I have no doubt it's a factor. But he is the highest paid conference commissioner, so at least he has that going for him.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There was an article in the AZ Star recently claiming the PAC12 pays $6.9 mil in rent for lavish office space. By contrast, the SEC, which I think most would agree is a more successful league, pays $318k for its office space. Scott spends money like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and alienates his own league's athletic administrators.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Most sports fans out here have known for years that Scott is incompetent. Football and men's basketball are flailing. You can't blame all of that on the commissioner, but I have no doubt it's a factor. But he is the highest paid conference commissioner, so at least he has that going for him.

Cant see why one would put any blame Scott for the garbage men's league and football. Well at least he has a nice office to work out of :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There was an article in the AZ Star recently claiming the PAC12 pays $6.9 mil in rent for lavish office space. By contrast, the SEC, which I think most would agree is a more successful league, pays $318k for its office space. Scott spends money like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and alienates his own league's athletic administrators.
Umm...Birmingham Alabama vs. downtown San Francisco is significant cost of living differences. Anywhere in California is going to expensive. That said, $6.9 mil is still pretty high.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A four-part series by The Oregonian really exposed the lavish spending of Pac-12 brass:

The seven-story building located at 360 Third St. in downtown San Francisco has large glass doors, plenty of natural light and a landscaped rooftop deck. It lies within a walk of AT&T Park, in the heart of the technology world, on the one of the most expensive commercial real estate footprints in the country.​
The Pac-12 Conference headquarters occupies more than 100,000 square feet on the third and fourth floors. The studios for the Pac-12 Network are here, as well as the Centralized Instant-Replay Command Center. ...​

By comparison, the SEC is headquartered in a 25-year-old, two-story building in Birmingham, Ala. The rent costs the conference $318,000 a year.​
The Big Ten Conference office makes its primary home in suburban Chicago and also, has a satellite office in New York. Annual rent: $1.5 million.​
The Pac-12 Conference headquarters cost the conference $6.9 million in rent in the last reported fiscal year. They're also carrying $11.7 million in deferred rent.​

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
nw. do you think this will have a negative affect on high school recruits? Many players like to play in a conference where their games will be televised.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
nw. do you think this will have a negative affect on high school recruits? Many players like to play in a conference where their games will be televised.

Yes, I think it already is having an effect. Last year the conference was collectively 1-8 in bowl games and 0-3 in men's basketball Tourney. These things can be cyclical, but the big money sports are way down right now. I don't expect the post season performance to improve significantly this year.

Other sports don't seem to be effected. Women's hoops is strong, Stanford is a power in volleyball and women's soccer, haven't had a softball National Champ in a while but UW was just the runner up and OSU won the baseball Championship. USC women track and field Championship. And the Pac 12 rules in water polo!

If you are asking about women's hoops recruiting, that still seems to be going well for now.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A four-part series by The Oregonian really exposed the lavish spending of Pac-12 brass:

The seven-story building located at 360 Third St. in downtown San Francisco has large glass doors, plenty of natural light and a landscaped rooftop deck. It lies within a walk of AT&T Park, in the heart of the technology world, on the one of the most expensive commercial real estate footprints in the country.​
The Pac-12 Conference headquarters occupies more than 100,000 square feet on the third and fourth floors. The studios for the Pac-12 Network are here, as well as the Centralized Instant-Replay Command Center. ...​

By comparison, the SEC is headquartered in a 25-year-old, two-story building in Birmingham, Ala. The rent costs the conference $318,000 a year.​
The Big Ten Conference office makes its primary home in suburban Chicago and also, has a satellite office in New York. Annual rent: $1.5 million.​
The Pac-12 Conference headquarters cost the conference $6.9 million in rent in the last reported fiscal year. They're also carrying $11.7 million in deferred rent.​
What about the AAC offices? Is it true they are paying $200 monthly rent and living in Geno's basement in lovely Storrs? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom