PAC-12 Likely Moving to an 8 Conference Game Schedule | The Boneyard

PAC-12 Likely Moving to an 8 Conference Game Schedule

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Good move for them. They need some OOC wins to be in the conversation.

Only the SEC, B1G, UT and OU can get by just winning confernce games.

Reaction Score
Good move for them. They need some OOC wins to be in the conversation.

Only the SEC, B1G, UT and OU can get by just winning confernce games.

Interesting that you include Texas in that group...not saying it wouldn’t happen, but it hasn’t really come close to happening!

Reaction Score
ahhh Rose Bowl in mid November. TAILGATING on the golf course. Santa Ana winds coming over the San Gabriel mountains as its 80 something but dry with a breeze. My UCLA classmates host my UCONN friends ... as I am a alumnus of both. UCONN win in a wide open ball game (??). Song Girls. U-C-L-A chants. Their Blue Our Blue. Beer. Full weekend leads to a great Dinner (Mexican or Asian) on Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena.

See guys ... it is not so bad having YOUR stadium 50 minutes from campus

Reaction Score
ahhh Rose Bowl in mid November. TAILGATING on the golf course. Santa Ana winds coming over the San Gabriel mountains as its 80 something but dry with a breeze. My UCLA classmates host my UCONN friends ... as I am a alumnus of both. UCONN win in a wide open ball game (??). Song Girls. U-C-L-A chants. Their Blue Our Blue. Beer. Full weekend leads to a great Dinner (Mexican or Asian) on Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena.

See guys ... it is not so bad having YOUR stadium 50 minutes from campus
Song Girls?? UCLA Grad?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Interesting that you include Texas in that group...not saying it wouldn’t happen, but it hasn’t really come close to happening!

If either UT or OU win the B12, they are in and with a top 4 seed. Anyone else gets bumped to 5 or 6.

Reaction Score
If either UT or OU win the B12, they are in and with a top 4 seed. Anyone else gets bumped to 5 or 6.

I don’t disagree. I just don’t think we’re close to a situation where it’ll happen

Reaction Score
Well we need to get USC on the sked, post haste.

GET 'ER DONE, RANDALL.

Reaction Score
Song Girls?? UCLA Grad?

and really. Is there a more tedious awful music theme than the Trojan crap

Reaction Score
Personally I'd prefer to get one of the Arizona's, Oregon or Washington on the schedule. Especially Oregon because it gives me a reason to take a trip there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes! UC Boulder would be the ideal Pac12 locale for us to gather. Get it done!
Colorado also seems to be the hardest P12 to book. They have no shortage of interested opponents. Everyone wants the relatively easy trip to the front range.

For UConn, sure I would have scheduling preferences for the P12, but I would probably be willing to schedule anyone just to make it happen. My preference order:
Stanford!
Colorado
UCLA
USC
Utah
Arizona
Arizona St
Washington
Washington St
Oregon St
Cal
Oregon <--okay, I dont feel like getting crushed by the Nike super fund team.

Reaction Score
Obviously not PAC, but geographically relevant; it’s still annoying we haven’t signed a long term deal with BYU yet

Reaction Score
This beautifully points out the strength of the exit from the AAC. With the right mix of stadium, great schedule, a solid Public University well positioned in the region ... opportunities arise that give us a better path. We will be better positioned for Pac 12 games or ACC ... as UCONN. rather than UMASS or Liberty or other. It is a better Brand to bring in.

Reaction Score
This beautifully points out the strength of the exit from the AAC. With the right mix of stadium, great schedule, a solid Public University well positioned in the region ... opportunities arise that give us a better path. We will be better positioned for Pac 12 games or ACC ... as UCONN. rather than UMASS or Liberty or other. It is a better Brand to bring in.

Right. There’s just also just a certain caché that comes with being a “University of...” flagship school.

We are certainly a better brand than UMass, and I think I’ve talked about this here before; as a Georgia season ticket holder, I can confirm there was definitely more buzz in the stadium when they brought in UMass a couple years ago rather than the usual Middle Tennessee State or Southwest Louisiana or someone like that in that cupcake slot.

Basically, all thats to say I agree UConn can leverage its brand to produce better schedules than what we had in the AAC and the proof is really already in the pudding

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Right. There’s just also just a certain caché that comes with being a “University of...” flagship school.

We are certainly a better brand than UMass, and I think I’ve talked about this here before; as a Georgia season ticket holder, I can confirm there was definitely more buzz in the stadium when they brought in UMass a couple years ago than the usual Middle Tennessee State or Southwest Louisiana or someone like that in that cupcake slot.

Basically, all thats to say I agree UConn can leverage its brand to produce better schedules than what we had in the AAC and the proof is really already in the pudding
This was a big part of the premise regarding scheduling for football. Local teams people wanted to see plus bigger name teams because of the UConn brand. We are in our infancy and look at the schedule. As time moves on, scheduling will look even better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom