PAC-12 Chaos | Page 11 | The Boneyard

PAC-12 Chaos

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are backfills, but the PAC had elitist visions of who they could add. SDSU was always available. They basically replace Colorado. If the assumption was Colorado gone, backfill with sdsu and move on

If they assumed Colorado stayed, then it was SDsU and SMU to get back to 12. Now maybe throw in Tulane and they could still get back to 12.

Still don’t think Colorado is this huge impetus for defections. None of the other schools want the Big 12.
If at @GoKU is correct Arizona and ASU may have serious interest. That would be seismic to the PAC. Getting UConn and Arizona would accomplish Yormack’s goal of increasing the conference’s superiority in basketball. Additionally Imagine the Hurley brothers playing against one another and the hype it would generate.

Colorado was a means to an end. It mollifies any resistance to UConn with any current Big 12 schools and precipitates the Zona moves. If the scenario plays out Yormack, at least for the moment, significantly puts the Big12 in the number three position when just a short while ago they were on life support.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 just ran out of toilet paper and ESPN is not there to give them any

3616.jpg

Reaction Score
The ACC is in a much better position than the B12. They have their own network, major brands in football and basketball and they are tied together for 13 more years. The ACC remains the best fit for us. As BC continues to go down their clout diminishes greatly within the ACC. We need to invest in Mora and sellout our games
The ACC is unstable because they have major brands that want to move to the P2 and have options to do so. The only question is does that happen in 2036 or earlier? The Big 12 is a group of schools that really don't have P2 options. As for the ACCN, the ACCN will see peak revenues very soon as it is a linear cable network with cord cutting reducing the number of subscribers over time. That is the same issue that is impacting ESPN. Can the ACCN drive revenue growth through streaming? I don't think so as the ACC is made up of too many small private schools with limited fanbases.

Reaction Score
Not sure where to put this but why not here. Here’s a far fetched scenario that may not be that far fetched.

UCONN already has a Big XII invite but are waiting to see the four corner schools response. If Arizona and ASU go to Big XII that would certainly be a nail in the coffin of the PAC as it exists. Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Cal are not going to back fill with the teams discussed.
UCONN has also been in discussions with B1G. Should PAC collapse, UCONN Oregon Washington and Notre Dame to B1G. Four 5 team pods
East: UCONN, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Notre Dame
West: UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington, Nebraska
Pod 3: Michigan, Ohio St, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue
Pod 4: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Illinois

Stanford, Cal fly independent for a few years with a scheduling agreement with B1G.
When the ACC collapses bring in Virginia, UNC, Cal, and Stanford. Virginia and UNC to East pod. Notre Dame to Pod 3. Nebraska to Pod 4. Cal and Stanford to West.

That shores up both coast population centers plus their already existing footprint.

Yeah, it’s an “out there” idea but if you’re gonna dream you might as well dream B1G.

Reaction Score
I was just thinking, Benedict started his career at ASU and was there for a decade. I wonder if he still has a pulse on what's going on over there and maybe that's leading to our supposed confidence that Aaron Torres has noted?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You are misunderstanding his post. We don't have a Big 12 invite at this time.

No, I'm saying two things:

1) There's no chance the B1G would invite us right now, and
2) Even if they would, there's no way we would slow play the Big XII invite in hopes of that. The second either conference offers us, we're accepting.

Reaction Score
No, I'm saying two things:

1) There's no chance the B1G would invite us right now, and
2) Even if they would, there's no way we would slow play the Big XII invite in hopes of that. The second either conference offers us, we're accepting.
The fact is as much we may root for UCONN, none of “us” boneyarders are privy to the real goings on. And neither are the trolls or click-baiting cellar dwelling tweeters. If you knew and were posting on here what you knew you wouldn’t be in the know much longer. There’s a lot of money at stake in these negotiations so confidentiality is critical.
The rest of us look for crumbs to support our narrative. Some do it via trolling (which I think is pathetic). Some grasp the littlest possible clue.
I am damn proud of my alma mater and believe based on our academic and athletic department performance we are just as deserving, if not more deserving, of a seat at the big (or B1G) table as a majority of the so-called P5 schools. I didn’t say that scenario was happening but I choose to be a positive dreamer.
Colorado’s invite was probably extended when they were visited months ago. And they responded appropriately waiting to see a counter. The same may be happening with UCONN.

Reaction Score
The fact is as much we may root for UCONN, none of “us” boneyarders are privy to the real goings on. And neither are the trolls or click-baiting cellar dwelling tweeters. If you knew and were posting on here what you knew you wouldn’t be in the know much longer. There’s a lot of money at stake in these negotiations so confidentiality is critical.
The rest of us look for crumbs to support our narrative. Some do it via trolling (which I think is pathetic). Some grasp the littlest possible clue.
I am damn proud of my alma mater and believe based on our academic and athletic department performance we are just as deserving, if not more deserving, of a seat at the big (or B1G) table as a majority of the so-called P5 schools. I didn’t say that scenario was happening but I choose to be a positive dreamer.
Colorado’s invite was probably extended when they were visited months ago. And they responded appropriately waiting to see a counter. The same may be happening with UCONN.
Stop, we aren't going to the B1G.

Reaction Score
It would be comical if the PAC 12 and Big east merger. UCONN PAC 12 football and then just have a west and east basketball wing (throw zags in the west). its uneven but would be fun (zags, uconn, zona, nova). All other sports just keep on the coast and have a one conf championship in Vegas/Chicago/NYC/San Fran

Reaction Score
The fact that we didn’t may mean something.

My son and I were actually discussing earlier whether under NCAA rules we could join the Pac for football only. We have an academic profile that fits in, compared to the academic riff raff on the list, and if it's football only who cares how long the plane flight is since ach school would only make the trip once every other year.

Maybe it is a good sign that USF asked and we didn't.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 is just beyond screwed at this point.

This is exactly like the fall of the Old New Big East.

The Commish has no power and no ability to leverage more money and he is forced to cobble together some G5s to have a solvent conference.

The current members are freaking out or just biding their time because they have one foot out the door. And possibly pushing for things that aren’t in the best interest of the conference.

Those that are stuck are under risk of falling prey to moral hazards of those that are leaving.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 is just beyond screwed at this point.

This is exactly like the fall of the Old New Big East.

The Commish has no power and no ability to leverage more money and he is forced to cobble together some G5s to have a solvent conference.

The current members are freaking out or just biding their time because they have one foot out the door. And possibly pushing for things that aren’t in the best interest of the conference.

Those that are stuck are under risk of falling prey to moral hazards of those that are leaving.

And didn’t the Big East vote to decline a more lucrative Media Deal with Pitt and Cuse basically months away from announcing they were leaving? Hazards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom