Pac 12 as we know it: 23-24 Season Outlook | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 as we know it: 23-24 Season Outlook

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma go on a Pac 12 rant. EVERY single year I pick Arizona MBB to do damage in the Tourney, EVERY single year they let me down. I picked Zona to win the championship in my pool. I NEEDED them to knock off the evil blue of Chapel Hill. Once again... they let me down.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 18 times... shame on me :mad:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Imma go on a Pac 12 rant. EVERY single year I pick Arizona MBB to do damage in the Tourney, EVERY single year they let me down. I picked Zona to win the championship in my pool. I NEEDED them to knock off the evil blue of Chapel Hill. Once again... they let me down.

What? I would think Arizona was on your permanent bad list after that whoopin' they administered to your Devils right after Miller took over. Anyway, they've been falling a bit short, or a lot short, ever since the end of Lute's tenure. Not sure why anyone would be betting on them. And I say that as a one time rabid fan.

Reaction Score
I remember some people stating that the PAC-12 weak compared to the SEC. I believe that they were very misinformed or biased, one of the two. Both the SEC and the PAC-12 had 7 teams go to the dance, the Sweet Sixteen has 5 teams from the PAC-12 vs 2 teams from the SEC. Sorry to see this, but it's money and football that caused it to happen.
Not sure I recall that myself.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What? I would think Arizona was on your permanent bad list after that whoopin' they administered to your Devils right after Miller took over. Anyway, they've been falling a bit short, or a lot short, ever since the end of Lute's tenure. Not sure why anyone would be betting on them. And I say that as a one time rabid fan.

I don't recall that game. Regular season loses don't faze me (unless they are to that school in Chapel Hill). I do recall the 2001 Title Game however between Duke and Zona.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't recall that game. Regular season loses don't faze me (unless they are to that school in Chapel Hill). I do recall the 2001 Title Game however between Duke and Zona.
I refer to a Tourney game. Maybe so painful you've blocked it out. I think that was the year Kyrie was hurt most of the season, but made a triumphant return in the post season. Ah, according to ESPN it was 2011 (which was more recent than 2001 so I'm gonna pretend that previous one didn't happen...). Duke had a lead at halftime despite Derrick Williams going nuts. Second half DWill calmed down, but the rest of the Cats were doing layup drills and ran Duke right out of the gym. I remember that game very distinctly. I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me celebrating. Yes, 55-33 in the 2nd half, 16 point final margin but it really wasn't that close.

Your team was loaded that year too. Singler, N. Smith, Plumlee #1 and #2, the Curry who isn't the best shooter of all time, Kyrie coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
I refer to a Tourney game. Maybe so painful you've blocked it out. I think that was the year Kyrie was hurt most of the season, but made a triumphant return in the post season. Ah, according to ESPN it was 2011 (which was more recent than 2001 so I'm gonna pretend that previous one didn't happen...). Duke had a lead at halftime despite Derrick Williams going nuts. Second half DWill calmed down, but the rest of the Cats were doing layup drills and ran Duke right out of the gym. I remember that game very distinctly. I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me celebrating. Yes, 55-33 in the 2nd half, 16 point final margin but it really wasn't that close.

Your team was loaded that year too. Singler, N. Smith, Plumlee #1 and #2, the Curry who isn't the best shooter of all time, Kyrie coming off the bench.
I remember that game, unfortunately. It was supposed to be Kyrie's triumphant return. Derrick Williams ruined everything.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

I'm not a men's basketball fan but obviously root for Arizona in all things. This seems like a pattern, as you say. It's too early to say Lloyd can't win the big one, but I can hear the rumblings. The thing I always remember - Lute only won once, and got him adored. Heck, his statue is in front of the arena. So - beat ASU and challenge for the FF will probably keep him around for as long as he wants.

And I just saw that Alabama took care of the evil blue for you.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm not a men's basketball fan but obviously root for Arizona in all things. This seems like a pattern, as you say. It's too early to say Lloyd can't win the big one, but I can hear the rumblings. The thing I always remember - Lute only won once, and got him adored. Heck, his statue is in front of the arena. So - beat ASU and challenge for the FF will probably keep him around for as long as he wants.

Lute had a number of Final 4s as well. 4 or 5. Miller was oh so close several times but couldn't quite get to the final weekend. Lloyd...not close so far. 3 years as a #1 or #2 seed and not much to show for it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Dag man, I'm old and had briefly forgotten about that. Now that you bring it up... I'm still mad about that game, now its 2:30am and I'm looking for things to toss.

giphy.gif

Glad that Clemson knocked those frauds out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I thought it was gonna be a All-ACC regional final... but man Chapel Hill blew that game. Who would have thought Bama vs Clemson for the right to go to the Final 4 for the first time in each school's history.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought it was gonna be a All-ACC regional final... but man Chapel Hill blew that game. Who would have thought Bama vs Clemson for the right to go to the Final 4 for the first time in each school's history.
Are we talking about football or basketball? I'm so confused!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dag man, I'm old and had briefly forgotten about that. Now that you bring it up... I'm still mad about that game, now its 2:30am and I'm looking for things to toss.

giphy.gif

Glad that Clemson knocked those frauds out.
That's more like it. I knew you couldn't possibly root for Arizona.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still kinda mad about 2001 (but not nearly as mad as I am at Illinois for 2005; I'll never get over that one).

Reaction Score

That's a given, a lock till changes occur in Tempe. Wonder what happens to the rivalry is the two schools move to America conference. One thing's for sure the Sun Devils have a lock on the basement.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's more like it. I knew you couldn't possibly root for Arizona.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still kinda mad about 2001 (but not nearly as mad as I am at Illinois for 2005; I'll never get over that one).

Yeah. If I were a Zona fan, I'd still have nightmares about that 2005 game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom