Pac-12 action tonight (Fri. 1/4) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Pac-12 action tonight (Fri. 1/4)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
63-54 Stanford, shooting FTs. I think that foul should get reviewed, could be flagrant 1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lacie Hull has been quiet offensively, but she hit a 3 from the corner and then had a nice reverse layup on a drive. I like what I've seen from her. Has a knack for getting rebounds or loose balls, just seems to be in the right place.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
63-54 Stanford, shooting FTs. I think that foul should get reviewed, could be flagrant 1.
The foul by Moore on Carrington? Nah, just a legit hard foul on a fast break. Nothing flagrant.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford up 12 now. Seem to have control of the game, but this has been a crazy night of hoops. About 4 minutes left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kiana Williams can break some ankles with those moves. Moriah Jefferson-like at times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The foul by Moore on Carrington? Nah, just a legit hard foul on a fast break. Nothing flagrant.

No play on the ball. USC toes the line on overly aggressive, physical play, I wouldn't mind the league making an effort to reign them in a bit.

edited--grabbed the arm and yanked, I don't like that, can lead to injuries

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Smith has 5 blocks tonight. I've been watching the game. She must get stealth blocks or something.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
72-64 final. Only 1 double digit margin in the conference tonight, and that one was close for much of the game. What a night.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No play on the ball. USC toes the line on overly aggressive, physical play, I wouldn't mind the league making an effort to reign them in a bit.

edited--grabbed the arm and yanked, I don't like that, can lead to injuries
So I guess every league has a “UCF” in it...:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So I guess every league has a “UCF” in it...:rolleyes:

Probably true. I don't watch enough games from around the country to confirm, but it's a good theory. Some conferences probably have two.

Reaction Score
Is Kat Tudor injured? That would be a big loss for the Beavs.
At the OSU vs WSU game tonight. Once Kat Tudor went down, the Beavs seemed a bit lost...not sure why? As someone pointed out, Kat was 2-2 from 3-land before she went down. We missed Kat's defense and rebounding tonight. Kat is an excellent defender and defensive rebounder. The only good news is she came back to the bench without any sort of brace on her knee. However, she wasn't putting any pressure on her injured leg. We'll just wait and see, and hoping its just a sprain. Losing Kat Tudor would be a huge loss for OSU.

Reaction Score
It that was the older Moore you guys are talking about, she has a history at both Louisville and all through high school of "assault on the court play". I thought she might have learned her lesson when she got caught on National TV for that much talked about blatant foul her freshman season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure which player it was for USC. I thought their players definitely crossed a line with their conduct at times last year, so it could be a really bad combo of a player with a history transferring into a program with a particular style of play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched the OSU-WSU game. Beavs finished strong the last approx. 3 minutes, but other than that the 2nd half was a nightmare. So many missed shots. Sunday might not be much easier if UW can play like they did against the Ducks tonight.

Tudor injury didn't look good, hope she's okay. They've been going 11 deep during most of their OOC games against cupcakes, but that depth has disappeared. Thropay was out, apparently just had surgery to an injured hand. Now Tudor is down. Morris didn't play at all and Simmons only played a couple minutes. 7 in the rotation vs. 11 or even 9 in the rotation is a fairly big difference.

Kudos to Washington St. for rallying after halftime. Bobbi Buckets lived up to her name, the elder Molina had a really nice well rounded game, and they got a surprising big contribution from Subasic.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the Tudor injury. Non-contact play, all she did was jump and land while getting a defensive rebound. Didn't look good.

By my count that's three knee injuries (likely ACL) to very significant players in a 30-hour period:
  • Grace Hunter, NC State (their leading scorer, injured on Thursday vs. Duke)
  • Daneesha Provo, Utah (2nd-leading scorer, injured on Friday vs. Arizona State)
  • Kat Tudor, Oregon State (3rd-leading scorer, injured on Friday vs. Washington State)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the Tudor injury. Non-contact play, all she did was jump and land while getting a defensive rebound. Didn't look good.

By my count that's three knee injuries (likely ACL) to very significant players in a 30-hour period:
  • Grace Hunter, NC State (their leading scorer, injured on Thursday vs. Duke)
  • Daneesha Provo, Utah (2nd-leading scorer, injured on Friday vs. Arizona State)
  • Kat Tudor, Oregon State (3rd-leading scorer, injured on Friday vs. Washington State)
I "liked" your post for the information. Hate the injuries themselves. Not trying to jinx the Huskies, but UConn has been very fortunate in that regard the past few seasons.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Well, thanks for not trying to jinx us :)
Ha! Really, I'm not trying to jinx the Huskies! I hate injuries to all players/teams. Notre Dame has 2 more players out for the season this year. While neither will likely impact this season, freshman guard Kaitlyn Gilbert really needs seasoning for next year, when she may have started next season if she got to play more this season. The other player was our best walk-on, Kaitlin Cole, who actually played briefly in the first half of a close game with Villanova in the NCAA tournament last season.

Reaction Score
Mazyck has always been something of a wild child and recently included IG photos of her at a party where everyone except her was seen smoking weed. She had an ankle injury early in the preseason which kept her out a game or two but she also has struggled to return to form. Although I don't know the reason, I'm not surprised she didn't make the trip. Chemistry on the team definitely seemed better without her.

USC is a gritty, hard nosed defensive team, but they also need that player (not the Moores) who can lift the team through scoring to get to the top, like a McDonald or Onyenwere. I thought Mazyck could be it but that doesn't look to be the case. We'll get a better idea of where they are when they face the rapidly declining Cal Sunday.

Right now, I think Stanford is unquestionably the best Pac team but last night was the most fun and interesting conference night in memory.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Mazyck has always been something of a wild child and recently included IG photos of her at a party where everyone except her was seen smoking weed. She had an ankle injury early in the preseason which kept her out a game or two but she also has struggled to return to form. Although I don't know the reason, I'm not surprised she didn't make the trip. Chemistry on the team definitely seemed better without her.

USC is a gritty, hard nosed defensive team, but they also need that player (not the Moores) who can lift the team through scoring to get to the top, like a McDonald or Onyenwere. I thought Mazyck could be it but that doesn't look to be the case. We'll get a better idea of where they are when they face the rapidly declining Cal Sunday.

Right now, I think Stanford is unquestionably the best Pac team but last night was the most fun and interesting conference night in memory.

Next year USC gets a very good recruit named Madison Campbell. She can shoot the 3 and plays good defense. I got to see her play yesterday against a local team in OC. She broke her school, Clovis West HS, all time scoring record with 1582 points and they still have two months left to play. she scored 24 points on Friday against Aliso Niguel HS and added 17 points, 9 rebounds 6 assists and 3 steals in today's win over a tough team from the San Diego area, Mission Hills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom