PA=DA, Paige's Attitude equals Diana's Attitude | The Boneyard

PA=DA, Paige's Attitude equals Diana's Attitude

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
:D Apparently the opponent's coach was giving Paige some gas. In return Paige tells him he has no clue concerning her team's plays. Oh and she laid 14 assists on her opponent. Watch game or simply jump to the end when the teams exchange pleasantries in line. Note Paige approaching the other team's coach and his reaction. Too funny! Hopkins 85-48 over Saint Louis something.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
:D Apparently the opponent's coach was giving Paige some gas. In return Paige tells him he has no clue concerning her team's plays. Oh and she laid 14 assists on her opponent. Watch game or simply jump to the end when the teams exchange pleasantries. Note Paige approaching the other team's coach and his reaction. Too funny! Hopkins 85-48 over Saint Louis something.

Back in the days when I played basketball, if a coach was harassing a player on the other team, they were given a warning, if it continued they got T'd up.

Reaction Score
Video opens with her telling someone "you don't know any of our plays". It is funny. Quite confident and the floor general for sure. The palms up questioning of a teammate not able to handle one of her passes @ 1:16 was another sign of Lady Di-attitude. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Video opens with her telling someone "you don't know any of our plays". It is funny. Quite confident and the floor general for sure. The palms up questioning of a teammate not able to handle one of her passes @ 1:16 was another sign of Lady Di-attitude. ;)
I thought that was hysterical too. I watched it closely and just before the next clip, you could see her give a little smile to her teammate. So it's not like she was being a beeyotch.

So impressed with Paige. Her moxy - and the other coach with the big smile at her as they met in the handshake line... she certainly will be a player that other fans do NOT like - another way she is like Dee.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
:D Apparently the opponent's coach was giving Paige some gas. In return Paige tells him he has no clue concerning her team's plays. Oh and she laid 14 assists on her opponent. Watch game or simply jump to the end when the teams exchange pleasantries in line. Note Paige approaching the other team's coach and his reaction. Too funny! Hopkins 85-48 over Saint Louis something.

I commented on YouTube and I'll repeat. It looked as if the opposing coach didn't know his own teams plays. A 50 year old coach trying to get into the head of a 17 year old...and losing. Pathetic on every level.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I truly admire her feisty attitude. And in this case I think the coach was familiar with her and just being playful. But generally a coach should avoid talking to opposing players when the game is in progress. Through many years of AAU ball watching my daughter play, I have seen that some coaches get ugly with kids. I think it is best to chat them up respectfully after the game, and leave them alone during a game. Some adults just are not emotionally mature enough to allow for that.

Reaction Score
Correction: Paige's Attitude = Paige's Attitude (PA = PA) :confused: :D:confused:

Let's give "P" a chance, to off-quote John Lennon...

Reaction Score
So one year the coach and team from an opposing squad was harrassing my 2 guard very time she touched the ball as she was the previous years MVP. They would say her name constantly when she touched the ball with every player saying "I got .......". I yelled to my point guard (1) " They are disrepecting you" My point went for 27 that game while they keyed on my 2 guard. Lol we got the last laugh and won going away...

Reaction Score
Back in the days when I played basketball, if a coach was harassing a player on the other team, they were given a warning, if it continued they got T'd up.
No different today~ It is the coaches job to talk to the Refs or opposing coaches. Uconn kids know that and stay out of rukus

Reaction Score
I took it more as something playful from the coach and she was a good sport in the end of game line as was he.
You, as an opposing coach, don't talk to my players on the court playful or not. You have something to say to talk to me their coach. If I see it the Refs and league will hear about it. That's my job as coach, not the player.

Reaction Score
Like a small handful of others who have played for UConn, Paige doesn't have a chip on her shoulder - she has a luxurious slate shingle.

I'm OK with it where it doesn't negatively impacted the performance of the team. I suspect Geno doesn't mind either. Bring it, Paige!* :D

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Get it out of your system now Paige. None of that is going to fly next year.

DT used to do that stuff all the time. Geno loves edge on his PG. He complained about guys being too 'nice' in recent years.

They desperately needed some attitude lately. Paige will have free reign.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You, as an opposing coach, don't talk to my players on the court playful or not. You have something to say to talk to me their coach. If I see it the Refs and league will hear about it. That's my job as coach, not the player.

Geno does it all the time. Least he used to. Haven't noticed in most recent years.

Reaction Score
What is the chance the Paige comes to UCONN and lets her play speak for her, rather than her mouth? I would prefer for her to just play as a freshman...let her skills do the talking. :)

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
DT used to do that stuff all the time. Geno loves edge on his PG. He complained about guys being too 'nice' in recent years.

They desperately needed some attitude lately. Paige will have free reign.
She won't talk to other coaches. She won't trash talk opponents. I think Paige does some of the stuff she is doing now out of boredom or because high school ball is so easy. Paige won't lose her edge but she won't be as verbal showing it. Geno and Chris won't let her.

Geno loves kids that have supreme confidence. Lots of kids besides DT had it. Stewart drove Geno crazy because she was resistant to coaching. However, even when Stewart was getting beat up in games, you rarely, if ever, (at least from the TV view) talking to anybody. Paige is going to better than nearly all of her opponents. The stuff she is doing in high school will get in the way if she tries do it in college. Geno will insist that she let her talent do the talking for her.

Reaction Score
What is the chance the Paige comes to UCONN and lets her play speak for her, rather than her mouth? I would prefer for her to just play as a freshman...let her skills do the talking. :)
Chances are good. Only here in the boneyard do we run with topics

Reaction Score
I’m sure by Paige’s senior year she and Geno will be exchanges quips during interviews similar to how DT and Geno used to hurl sarcasm at each other. All in good fun as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She won't talk to other coaches. She won't trash talk opponents. I think Paige does some of the stuff she is doing now out of boredom or because high school ball is so easy. Paige won't lose her edge but she won't be as verbal showing it. Geno and Chris won't let her.

Did you not watch DT at UConn? She was one of the best trash talkers of all time. I'm hoping Paige follows suit.

Kids like Stewart and Maya had plenty of confidence, but they were soft-spoken types, while Taurasi was brash and in your face. Been waiting for somebody like this for years now.

Geno will insist that she let her talent do the talking for her.

He never did with DT. If the kid produces, she can have her personality. Geno is not out here creating 'nice girl' cyborgs.

Reaction Score
Geno does it all the time. Least he used to. Haven't noticed in most recent years.
I've watching them live on the court and via TV for a long long time. If my recall is correct he may have done that once or twice but he also went after another coach that did that to his players. Now, I'm speaking not talking nice stuff--which he does all the time with players of other teams. He likes talent and great play and he speaks it to them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom