P5 schools don’t front flip, huh??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

P5 schools don’t front flip, huh???

Reaction Score
You definitely have the right to be upset with the refs and the refs made a lot of questionable calls in our game. I just don't think being upset at the play the refs got right is the way to go and compare it to when the refs in another game got it wrong. If we are making a case for the bad refereeing in the game, putting a play they got it right on as an example doesn't make much sense to me.
If the team had different names on the jersey it's probably swallowed. It's technically the right call but if you're one of the fun teams the refs don't give a c@p.

Reaction Score
The explicit penalized action in the NCAA rule book is:

“(e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride when approaching the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end zone”

So, the flip isn’t even required as long as the ball carrier does an unnecessary dive of any type into the end zone.

BTW, that section is poorly written as it wouldn’t cover a flip or dive after the runner is in the end zone.

Reaction Score
The explicit penalized action in the NCAA rule book is:

(e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride when approaching the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end zone
Players “dive” towards the endzone all the time to break the plane. I mentioned in another thread - the key in my mind is “unopposed ball carrier” which can clearly be subjective. What is the definition of “unopposed”?

Reaction Score
Players “dive” towards the endzone all the time to break the plane. I mentioned in another thread - the key in my mind is “unopposed ball carrier” which can clearly be subjective. What is the definition of “unopposed”?
It’s obviously subjective, but it would read upon a case where it was an unnecessary act in order to get in the end zone as there was no one in a position to make a tackle. I’d expect it to be waived if it’s a close goal line formation but not if the ball is being run in an open field situation.

Reaction Score
It’s different because it’s not UConn doing it.
yeah, and that was done during a blowout where if there's discretion in the call, it should've been made there. Versus a team coming from behind and the recipient of many 50-50 calls against.
There actually weren’t that many penalties called. Were we ever called for holding? Couldn’t have been more than once. But whilentechnically the Rosa flip might be a no no, watching it on replay it certainly is something that didn’t have to be called and if it depends on who is reffing, it either should be called every time or not at all. The other call that was highly questionable was the end zone interference call. Those 2 penalties put big time hurts on us and the Rosa penalty was compounded by the penalty on the late hit that obviously was a penalty.
Actually, the holding call, I believe was in the last minute of the game when there was clear pass interference by NC State in the end zone. The flag did not come out interesting. Also, that quarterback from NC State did a great job running the ball but please don't tell me there wasn't a few holds on the way. I guess we're just gonna have to be that much better if we're gonna win some games. This is not an exception, but becoming more like the rule.

Reaction Score
Oh wow we must have had bad refs at our game. I never would have considered that until now. Thanks OP.

Reaction Score
I don't think independence is the thing but we've always been treated like a joke.

Different deal but UConn gets an unfair shake in Big East basketball reffing but they call it straight up when we play out of league. Strange...
Yeah I don't watch any Yankees games or Giants games and feel like either of them are routinely getting screwed, but it does frequently feel like that with UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom