P just saved his job | The Boneyard

P just saved his job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be upset, but the ability to rub this one in UL and FSU's faces means more to me right now.

Reaction Score
The frustrating this is, he's gotten some very satisfying wins in big spots with clearly a weak talented offense, blowing out Syracuse and Rutgers last year, beating Edsall, and certainly today with all the Louisville is superior in football talk. It's the WTF losses that have and may cost us a bowl season. Vandy, WMU, and Iowa State last season. We win 1 of those games and the season is probably looked on as a success. And of course this year, WMU again, and certainly Temple and USF. We win 1 of those games and it's a bowl season and we look at things differently.

Reaction Score
The frustrating this is, he's gotten some very satisfying wins in big spots with clearly a weak talented offense, blowing out Syracuse and Rutgers last year, beating Edsall, and certainly today with all the Louisville is superior in football. It's the WTF losses that have and may cost us a bowl season. Vandy, WMU, and Iowa State last season. We win 1 of those games and the season is probably looked on as a success. And of course this year, WMU again, and certainly Temple and USF. We win 1 of those games and it's a bowl season and we look at things differently.

It's how he hung on for so long at Syracuse. Always seemed to pull one out of his hat.

Reaction Score
PP is actually an "OK" head coach. He's nothing special, but he's OK. It's GDL that is killing us. He's vacant as an OC in today's game.

Reaction Score
The defense just saved P's job. Hopefully going scoreless in the second half again is viewed as another nail in GDL's coffin. It should be viewed that way.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
announcers giving PP credit for keeping focus.

GAG

Reaction Score
The defense just saved P's job. Hopefully going scoreless in the second half again is viewed as another nail in GDL's coffin. It should be viewed that way.

Just to point out the obvious... one's job has to actually be on the line for one to save it.

No argument on GDL discussion...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I want change but will support whoever our coach is next season.

That being said, I predict that Casey or Richard is our starting QB in 2013. Chandler reminds me of Zach, serviceable but not the "answer". I'm 42 years old but I honestly believe I could throw on a Spanx shirt, Icy Hot the out of my right shoulder and have more arm strength than Whitmer.

Reaction Score
PP and GDL are terrible and need to go. Nothing about this Win shows any change. The D pulled this out of the fire. Still no second half production. D players dropping like flies and getting dinged up from being on the field way too long.

Congrats to a tough minded D and an Oline hitting some people.

Reaction Score
I think PP is in trouble with a loss next week, especially with all the conference realignment stuff swirling. Since I prefer a win, I'll grudgingly accept a PP return (unless there's a brutal bowl performance). GDL MUST BE GONE regardless.

Reaction Score
Warde will tell him to get a new offensive coordinator and put Foley back coaching the line. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
If PP is kept, nothing changes next year and Rome burns for another season with at best mediocrity. This certainly gives the 2 dopes cover for another year. This was the excuse for Warde to not make a decision.

Reaction Score
But if he brings GDL back he should be fired. Hopefully P's young wife gets involved and has a sitdown with P and tells him you are no longer allowed to see that man, he's making you look bad.
this is true. this is what has to happen. GDL has to go. PP has to see that. If he doesn't, then he has to go too. We make zero second half adjustments, and just get out matched by brighter minds every game.

Reaction Score
If PP is kept, nothing changes next year and Rome burns for another season with at best mediocrity. This certainly gives the 2 dopes cover for another year. This was the excuse for Warde to not make a decision.

No - No decisions will be made till we know definately where we end up and when. You need to know the enviornment before you hire a new coach (outside the top 5-10coaches in CFB). With all the openings in the SEC and others to come - there will be alot of talent (especially position and offensive coordinators) available over the next year.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
How is Pasqualoni doing around the State as far as connecting UConn to CT HS football? I remember when he was hired he trumpteted how he was going to be an ambassador on the recruiting trails and reel in the local kids. Is he having success?

Reaction Score
How is Pasqualoni doing around the State as far as connecting UConn to CT HS football? I remember when he was hired he trumpteted how he was going to be an ambassador on the recruiting trails and reel in the local kids. Is he having success?
Don't know, but he is very popular with the senior living flag football leagues.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Yeah, he's having some success in-state. He's landed the #4, #6, #8, and #10 players in the state (Jasudowich, Thomas, Myers, Walsh). He recently got Jasudowich to flip from a BC commitment to a UConn commitment...

F

fortebleedsblue

I can live with PP but GDL, who did nothing to save his job. Good win for the boys and hopefully another nail in GDL's coffin.

What he said!... In an era where teams are scoring over 60pts a game GDL's offensive play calling has been .. Well offensive (to put it mildly) still only 3 Pts total for 2nd and 3rd quarter in big east play. A Blidi pick doesn't erase his horrible stats and head scratching calls. HCPP better pray brown doesn't get picked up because he's a top d coach right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom