P Eaton-Robb: UConn women start practice | The Boneyard

P Eaton-Robb: UConn women start practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We have two teams," coach Geno Auriemma said. "We have a team of older guys that don't know anything but winning national championships and we've got a team of young guys that don't know anything about winning any games."

Auriemma said he's hoping to find two shooters among the newer players who can help replace the production of Dolson and Hartley. He's also hoping to get a major contribution from 6-foot-2 forward Morgan Tuck, who received a medical redshirt after playing just eight games as a sophomore and undergoing major reconstructive surgery on her right knee in January.

LINK

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Another question: Why is the Miami Herald covering the UConn women's first day of practice?

Apparently media outlets other than ESPN are viewing UConn as a team with a national fan base.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Another question: Why is the Miami Herald covering the UConn women's first day of practice?

Apparently media outlets other than ESPN are viewing UConn as a team with a national fan base.

Because they picked up the Associated Press story that Pat Eaton-Robb filed on UConn. He practically a member of the Horde his coverage of UConn is so regular.

Reaction Score

You ask where the UConn home crowds of 1995-2004 are, let me show you an away game at USF. There they are, in the Florida media market.

Reaction Score
You ask where the UConn home crowds of 1995-2004 are, let me show you an away game at USF. There they are, in the Florida media market.

Interesting point. There must also be a lot of N England retirees near the UCF campus in Orlando.

Last season UCF drew 980 for Iona just prior to UConn, 3400 for UConn and then 450 for their next home game with Memphis. 3,400 is quite a crowd for a team that won 2 games in 2014.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Yep, and we will be there for Big Monday on March 2 to see OUR team against USF. (They have a really nice arena, BTW) And my brother is paying less than half of one XL seat for two seats for my husband and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom