OT: - Ozark anyone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ozark anyone?

Reaction Score
Great show. Ruth seems to be the central figure these days - gotta love her. :D

Reaction Score
Easy there. Binge watching Breaking Bad right now, on season five, so let's keep the threads on topic.
First season or so of BB was a bit slow but damn was it worth it to build up to the rest of the series. Incredible writing, acting, everything

Reaction Score
I never got into Breaking Bad. Marty is different IMO because he is trying to save his family. He is very risk averse and looking for a way out.

Walter White started cooking meth to help his family. He had terminal cancer and no life savings/insurance. It all went downhill from there.

Marty was involved in illegal activity before they came to the Ozarks and I'm not sure I really think he's in this for his family. He's a dirty accountant.

Reaction Score
Walter White started cooking meth to help his family. He had terminal cancer and no life savings/insurance. It all went downhill from there.

Marty was involved in illegal activity before they came to the Ozarks and I'm not sure I really think he's in this for his family. He's a dirty accountant.

Do you even watch the show? If he stops laundering and he doesn’t grow the business then he is dead and his wife and kids. I think he actually wouldn’t mind it if Wendy died. I think the Birds might have gotten addicted to fighting for their lives and that is another motivation.

Marty clearly wants out.

Reaction Score
Do you even watch the show? If he stops laundering and he doesn’t grow the business then he is dead and his wife and kids. I think he actually wouldn’t mind it if Wendy died. I think the Birds might have gotten addicted to fighting for their lives and that is another motivation.

Marty clearly wants out.

I do watch the show. But thanks for trying to appear smarter than me.

I’m not convinced he wants out. I think he’s a monster deep down. Like Walter White.

Reaction Score
Great show. Justin Bateman is naturally humorous. The show builds up characters and knocks them off so frequently though. I didn't like the route the Snells took. They were married far too long to suddenly let it all go south.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Although Marty was involved in the money laundering scheme, he had no idea his partner was skimming $8 million from the cartel. After Del killed his partner, his wife, and the trucking company father and son, Del was going to kill Marty too. Marty had to think fast to save his life. Del also threatened Wendy by throwing her lover out the window. All covered in episode one.

Reaction Score
Although Marty was involved in the money laundering scheme, he had no idea his partner was skimming $8 million from the cartel. After Del killed his partner, his wife, and the trucking company father and son, Del was going to kill Marty too. Marty had to think fast to save his life. Del also threatened Wendy by throwing her lover out the window. All covered in episode one.

Marty might not have known these things would happen, but he had to know that they might happen. His character is too smart to not understand what it means to do business with the cartels.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Marty might not have known these things would happen, but he had to know that they might happen. His character is too smart to not understand what it means to do business with the cartels.
How rationally do you think when you have gun to your head? He was in survival mode. What were his options? And don't forget the clear threat to his family. It's easy to know the right thing to do, when it's not you or your family. I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy living life on the edge.

Reaction Score
How rationally do you think when you have gun to your head? He was in survival mode. What were his options? And don't forget the clear threat to his family. It's easy to know the right thing to do, when it's not you or your family. I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy living life on the edge.

Again, you think he doesn't enjoy living life on the edge....but he's also smart enough to pull an escape plan. And he isn't doing that. He just keeps sinking deeper. I think Wendy is just more open about enjoying the game. I think Marty is right behind her, just keeps it bottled in better.

Reaction Score
Marty was executing his escape plan, had the plane all lined up, but Wendy put the kibosh on it. He is good at what he does but I think he'd prefer to be out of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom