Oz on Reddish/Shittu | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oz on Reddish/Shittu

Reaction Score
He didn't even answer the original question in the tweet. "What are our odds"... "He's our top target."

K

Reaction Score
Oh really - he was short four letters in a nine letter word - How is that essentially saying he is coming here? Having said that Waters is running out of options for this late - and he is a decent player.
Lol this post is hilarious LMFAO

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Shittu considers himself more of a 3 that plays stretch 4 sometimes. I know Oregon is trying to sell him on being their replacement for Brooks this year.

I vote we stop recruiting guys who don't understand which position the are going to play. Our system doesn't use stretch 4's, never has. The closest was Donyell and he could out rebound the last 5 guys who came here claiming to be stretch 4's or wanting to play the 3 in the NBA.

Let's recruit 4's that can rebound and play defense with at least one post move. If they can shoot the 18 footer, then we will let them do that on occasion. I'm tired of getting killed on the boards. If your game isn't modeled after Rip or Rudy then you have no shot of being a 3 in this program.

Reaction Score
I vote we stop recruiting guys who don't understand which position the are going to play. Our system doesn't use stretch 4's, never has. The closest was Donyell and he could out rebound the last 5 guys who came here claiming to be stretch 4's or wanting to play the 3 in the NBA.
Yeah you're right DeAndre and Niels worked out really poorly for us

Reaction Score

Let's recruit 4's that can rebound and play defense with at least one post move. If they can shoot the 18 footer, then we will let them do that on occasion. I'm tired of getting killed on the boards. If your game isn't modeled after Rip or Rudy then you have no shot of being a 3 in this program.
I didnt read past our system doesnt use stretch 4's. Thats the most uniformed post of the off season. I wont even explain why its so preposterous. I want you to go watch our 2014 national championship game on YouTube . Then come back and re write this post

Reaction Score

And 2nd Simmi Shittu is a stud. If he has interest in UConn and KO decided not to recruit him. I'd hope KO got fired. Thats malpractice

Reaction Score

We have definitely played stretch 4s... see deandre Daniels.

Definitely a style that Ollie would like to play, if possible.

And call me crazy... what if we CHANGE the system. Considering the epic failure we saw last year with a standard 4 (K face was a bright spot to be fair) it certainly would be a nice look to have both options

Reaction Score
Oh really - he was short four letters in a nine letter word - How is that essentially saying he is coming here? Having said that Waters is running out of options for this late - and he is a decent player.

You purposely left that post vague so that you were right either way. And conveniently never bothered to correct the dozens of posters who openly interpreted your post as saying he was coming here. But you do you

Reaction Score
He didn't even answer the original question in the tweet. "What are our odds"... "He's our top target."

K
If he has information he isn't going to shaft the person providing it by giving details. BTW, I'd be shocked if Waters came here.

Reaction Score
Anyone can see that Shittu and reddish are the big names we're going after here. No insiders needed. Nothing exciting.

Reaction Score
We have definitely played stretch 4s... see deandre Daniels.

Definitely a style that Ollie would like to play, if possible.

And call me crazy... what if we CHANGE the system. Considering the epic failure we saw last year with a standard 4 (K face was a bright spot to be fair) it certainly would be a nice look to have both options
We need a 4 who can rebound and push people around in the paint. What we don't need is a 3 playing the 4 and labeling him a "stretch 4".

Reaction Score
We need a 4 who can rebound and push people around in the paint. What we don't need is a 3 playing the 4 and labeling him a "stretch 4".

Then what do you have in your 5? Another post guy? This is 2017, you're not going to run any kind of offense that will work with that.

The days of two paint-bound bigs playing together is over. The NBA moved away from that even before JC did.

KO had the right idea in 2014 (though he was somewhat forced into it).

Your 4 is in the mold of a Durant/LeBron/Leonard/Green. Multi-talented. Can space the floor. Think Shonn Miller. He was credible in the paint and on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
This is a new level of trolling I'm done hahaha

pj

Reaction Score
Then what do you have in your 5? Another post guy? This is 2017, you're not going to run any kind of offense that will work with that.

The days of two paint-bound bigs playing together is over. The NBA moved away from that even before JC did.

KO had the right idea in 2014 (though he was somewhat forced into it).

Your 4 is in the mold of a Durant/LeBron/Leonard/Green. Multi-talented. Can space the floor. Think Shonn Miller. He was credible in the paint and on the perimeter.

Add Kevin Garnett as another model for Simi Shittu -- he played both power forward and center because he could defend bigs, but offensively he was versatile and could do it all. Shittu has the same size and frame as Garnett, with similar athleticism.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree, but the poster I quoted was suggesting that we have never played stretch 4's. And that's delusional.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If he has information he isn't going to shaft the person providing it by giving details. BTW, I'd be shocked if Waters came here.

Really? He did that before. Unless he was trying to pass off his own opinion as insider info

C

Chief00

You purposely left that post vague so that you were right either way. And conveniently never bothered to correct the dozens of posters who openly interpreted your post as saying he was coming here. But you do you

What's vague about 5 out of 9 letters? That's 55%, pretty precise. In contrast, my full "CONFIRMED" endorsement you can bet your house on.

Reaction Score
What's vague about 5 out of 9 letters? That's 55%, pretty precise. In contrast, my full "CONFIRMED" endorsement you can bet your house on.
I'm convinced of the idea someone put forth a few days back that Chief is really just Fishy duck*ing with us

Reaction Score
Its gets better!! Lmaoooooooooooo

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters

The fact that you try and spin this post as you not saying he's coming here is absurd. Arguing over semantics and numbers of letters is crazy. You posted it, people jumped on it and you continued to post not correcting or clarifying what you meant. Dozens of replies immediately and you never bothered to point out everyone was misinterpreting your post until now?

C

Chief00

Tremont Waters

The fact that you try and spin this post as you not saying he's coming here is absurd. Arguing over semantics and numbers of letters is crazy. You posted it, people jumped on it and you continued to post not correcting or clarifying what you meant. Dozens of replies immediately and you never bothered to point out everyone was misinterpreting your post until now?

I think most literate posters understand the difference between 5 out of 9 and 9 out of 9. It's not a hard concept.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think most literate posters understand the difference between 5 out of 9 and 9 out of 9. It's not a hard concept.
I doubt that anyone on here cannot understand the concept. What most of us don't get is why you are patting yourself on the back (in the third person no less) for posting what essentially said "he may come here, but he also may not" a few weeks back.

Reaction Score
Personal attack aside, I'm not talking about 5 out of 9 vs 9 out of 9. This was an exact quote from you
Not really just explaining why it's not Confirm. If no new schools due to all star game performance - I see him here. I can't predict if he has a blowout game on a big stage.

Maybe I and everyone else on this board were misinterpreting you, but there's been no news of said new schools. And he's certainly not here

C

Chief00

I doubt that anyone on here cannot understand the concept. What most of us don't get is why you are patting yourself on the back (in the third person no less) for posting what essentially said "he may come here, but he also may not" a few weeks back.

Do you realize how much we have been missing on other guys lately? Unless I say Confirmed it's not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom