Overhyped and Unrealistic Expectations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Overhyped and Unrealistic Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ha, I remember that. It was so random! Surely there's another comp to a wiry 6'10-6'11 guy from more recently than two decades ago. I hope Durham is better than Jackson, who was in my view a disappointment. Anyway, clean slate, @Rewster, whaddya say?

I feel the love guys, this is what the BY is about. :rolleyes:

Jackson was a bit of a disappointment and some of that can be attributed to his choice. Guessing he would've been better under the JC watch. As a comparison I would have gone further back, Charles Smith of Bridgeport/Pitt - build, game everything.;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
what's the OP trying to say?

at the end of the day, we're still UConn and we're talking about basketball

we always have "high" expectations, although we're rarely hyped

:)

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
The winter 2015 Huskies will look much different than the team we see in spring 2016. It's hard to put so many new faces together and expect immediate chemistry, particularly when things are not going well. Besides, we lost to three top 25 teams, and all three became winnable games at one point (noting that yes, we were down big in two). I am not ready to jump ship. Am I disappointed? Of course. But likely no more than anyone on the team. Am I calling them overrated? Not at all. It was silly for anyone to expect this team to look like a title contender from day one. If we still have these flaws going into February, well, then you can color me concerned.

Reaction Score
Ha, I remember that. It was so random! Surely there's another comp to a wiry 6'10-6'11 guy from more recently than two decades ago. I hope Durham is better than Jackson, who was in my view a disappointment. Anyway, clean slate, @Rewster, whaddya say?

We're good bro!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We've already exceeded the number of losses I thought we'd have all season. Similar to last year. A team is not the sum of it's parts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We've already exceeded the number of losses I thought we'd have all season.

Your expectations were way way too high then. Could have told you that preseason. Knew this team would take a while to get it together.

Similar to last year. A team is not the sum of it's parts.

Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky