Over the back on free throws | The Boneyard

Over the back on free throws

Reaction Score
Hi, I have a general question about the action on free throws. It seems like the teammates of the player who is shooting FTs crash hard and really shove the closer defenders, knocking them out of the way to try to snare a rebound. If this were not a free throw attempt, the defensive person would (or should) clearly be called for some kind of foul. So, how come I never see any fouls called in this situation? Just curious

Reaction Score
It’s a play that has always allowed players to jostle for position. That won’t change. It will become even more physical because players are getting bigger and stronger. Teams must match up well against it or lose the battle in the paint.

Reaction Score
It’s a play that has always allowed players to jostle for position. That won’t change. It will become even more physical because players are getting bigger and stronger. Teams must match up well against it or lose the battle in the paint.
Connecticut lost that battle over and over again to Boston and Saxton.Watch some of the replays how far they get pushed under the basket and out of position to make a rebound.

Reaction Score
But why couldn’t they call these? UConn & all teams do the same. I know it is judgment call to some degree between some allowable contact & excessive contact, but they can choose some criteria (such as player being pushed is visibly moved out of position).

Reaction Score
Are we now finding an excuse for how we got outrebounded? being physical is part of basketball and Uconn got outmuscled on the board these excuses are making our ladies look like prima donnas. The refs and the rest of women's basketball are not going to have pity because Uconn fans think their Lil baby girls are being bullied on the court. So let's stop crying and put on our big girl pants, get in the weight room, get some muscle, and compete. BTW where were all the excuses when Uconn was beating everyone up? then it was how much stronger we were now that we're getting beat at our own game we want to cry about it...please Stop. SC was the much better team and our flaws were exposed. We will retool and take another shot next year Which I personally think we will win because we will be more physical with the 2 big freshmen we have coming in...just my 2 cents

Reaction Score
Are we now finding an excuse for how we got outrebounded? being physical is part of basketball and Uconn got outmuscled on the board these excuses are making our ladies look like prima donnas. The refs and the rest of women's basketball are not going to have pity because Uconn fans think their Lil baby girls are being bullied on the court. So let's stop crying and put on our big girl pants, get in the weight room, get some muscle, and compete. BTW where were all the excuses when Uconn was beating everyone up? then it was how much stronger we were now that we're getting beat at our own game we want to cry about it...please Stop. SC was the much better team and our flaws were exposed. We will retool and take another shot next year Which I personally think we will win because we will be more physical with the 2 big freshmen we have coming in...just my 2 cents
could not agree more our team needs a banger or 2.

Reaction Score
Not implying we were robbed due to this- UConn pushes too, all teams do- just wondering how this exception to what otherwise is a foul came about, or even if it’s right? Why let players shove each other out of the way on free throws but not elsewhere in the game? Just mentioning this as a curious inconsistency.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom