"Over Rated" challanged | The Boneyard

"Over Rated" challanged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the vacuous nature of the "over rated" chant is exceeded only by the endless drone and lack of creativity demonstrated by; "Air ball, Airball"......I'm glad GA commented after the game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Excellent. Another thread on this topic. Two weren't enough. As posted in the other thread(s), Geno said it wasn't cool. Do you think that'll cause the students not to chant it anymore? I don't. Students chant it in every arena in America and will continue to do so. Likewise, people on this board will continue to start multiple threads complaining about it every time it happens. Both groups will continue to be happy.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Excellent. Another thread on this topic. Two weren't enough. As posted in the other thread(s), Geno said it wasn't cool. Do you think that'll cause the students not to chant it anymore? I don't. Students chant it in every arena in America and will continue to do so. Likewise, people on this board will continue to start multiple threads complaining about it every time it happens. Both groups will continue to be happy.

Chants in NCAA DI College Hockey are as creative as they "inappropriate"...just the nature of unbridled youth. If only I was there again...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
oh i see. i realized there was another thread, i did not realize teh other thread included Geno's comments, which is why i asked. but i agree, one thread was enough. maybe they could be merged? it's not a really big deal to me but i do agree with Geno in that i wish teh students didnt' do it...

Reaction Score
You hear this chant much more in the Men's game.
There are more students at the men's games plus the week to week rankings of the men's teams change more often than the women's do(at least in years past).

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

Ahh, the old boys-will-be-boys excuse in response to asinine behavior. Can't stop it, so live with it -- and thereby, in practice, condone it.

Saddest part is that I know not all young people act or think like a bunch of drunken jerks, yet there is no peer pressure saying it is unacceptable. Too much peer pressure the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom