Outta The Box Idea Bring Lou In As 6th Man | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Outta The Box Idea Bring Lou In As 6th Man

Reaction Score
Some of you guys act like you've never seen a 6th man before. Heck, there's an award for it in the NBA.
Ever heard the quote, "it's not who's in the game in the beginning, but who's in the game at the end."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I’m for CW coming off the bench when Lou returns. ONO brings a dynamic we’ve missed against the best teams we’ve faced.
I doubt he'll do that, but I could live with that.

However, when ONO is in for CW, it pushes Collier to the 4, Walker to the 3 and KLS to the 2. Which are not their best positions. They are good there, just not their best.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some of you guys act like you've never seen a 6th man before. Heck, there's an award for it in the NBA.
Ever heard the quote, "it's not who's in the game in the beginning, but who's in the game at the end."
There's actually an award for it in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Wow!!!! Talking about out of the box thinking!!! It's beyond stupidity and insanity. Will Geno and CD do it? The answer is in the wind!!!

Reaction Score
I doubt he'll do that, but I could live with that.

However, when ONO is in for CW, it pushes Collier to the 4, Walker to the 3 and KLS to the 2. Which are not their best positions. They are good there, just not their best.
I’m not sure, Collier averaged 28 & 13 playing the 4 this weekend & MW had her best game yet.

Reaction Score
I think if we’re fortunate enough to make it to the FF & have to face Baylor. ONO will have to play heavy minutes alongside Collier. They are too big for one player to handle.

Reaction Score
Never mind what Geno thinks! Who is going to have the power and tenacity to keep arguing with KLS when she demands to be starting and playing 45 minutes per game. She is rested and she is a ball of dynamite when she want to get in the game. Geno has had problems with her when she had a cracked foot and she was hobbling. What will she be like with a new rested back????

Reaction Score
I think if we’re fortunate enough to make it to the FF & have to face Baylor. ONO will have to play heavy minutes alongside Collier. They are too big for one player to handle.
ONO, KLS,Collier on the boards against Baylor, leaving CW and Megan to drill a bunch of 3's. (fantasy???) ONO must find a way to stay in the game for 40 minutes. She is getting better but Baylor is much more experienced than ONO.

Reaction Score
If anyone is going to sit to start it should be CW. Will take some pressure off her and start of games never seem to be her strong suit. Will give her a chance to watch what’s happening.

Also, we could get Kia, Gabby, Moriah, Tuck & Stewie back. Lou still ain’t starting on the bench & neither is Pheesa.

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I am playing devil's advocate here I guess, but if I remember correctly, the outcome of the game was not determined until the final minutes, with us being within 4 or 5 points for most of the game (I have/will not watched the replay, so I could be wrong) and for the game we shot less than 30% from the floor (20 of 68). So if we can shoot closer to our season's average at a neutral site, well...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I’m not sure, Collier averaged 28 & 13 playing the 4 this weekend & MW had her best game yet.
good points. But I'm gonna go with no KLS for reasoning.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That is true, but when Lou is back that pushes her or Walker to the two. So the dynamic is changed. I do not know if our Gunner friend is right or wrong, but your point is not valid in this case. :confused:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we should have Molly wear an opaque mask and substitute Sue in her uniform. Do the same thing to put Karlie into the lineup for Lou. And we can petition the NCAA to get 6 games back of the year that Morgan left on the table. :D

Reaction Score
UConn's best chance of winning games is to get ahead early and then limit the other team's scoring.

So, Lou starts and Liv, the defender, puts the lid on.

Against Baylor or Miss State, to fight the height, Liv might be needed to get in early and keep the rest of the height in, for a 6'5, 6'3. 6'2 and a good rebounder and 3 point shooter. So, Christyn would be out.

Reaction Score
What a story! Thanks for sharing! Been a Celtics fan my whole life. Larry's my favorite.
Have you read the new book about Cousy, Russell, and the Celtics? Bet you'd like it. "The Last Pass".
Just got it on Kindle. Can still remember seeing Cousy's retirement ceremony. In the Boston area we worshipped those guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom