Outside Influences | The Boneyard

Outside Influences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
there are other academic peers and even government officials that can have a bearing where we land. what about business entities?
  • espn (obviously) - not sure if this would be a positive or negative influence for us
  • img - we signed a lucractive ($80M contract in 2008?) marketing deal with them that would surely be devalued if we don't land on our feet. i would think they have the juice with other universities to lend us a hand
  • SNY - no idea about their juice, but clearly they would have an interest in keeping us relevant
Anyone have a notion of other interested parties?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
It would help for us to have:

* A nationally well-respected school official with strong political skills and close connections with relevant schools.
* A sympathetic governor who has the same close connections with relevant schools, and of course..
* A honey badger-like state senator to pose the threat of a scorched-earth campaign if all else fails.

Wish we had those folks on our side...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
there are other academic peers and even government officials that can have a bearing where we land. what about business entities?
  • espn (obviously) - not sure if this would be a positive or negative influence for us
  • img - we signed a lucractive ($80M contract in 2008?) marketing deal with them that would surely be devalued if we don't land on our feet. i would think they have the juice with other universities to lend us a hand
  • SNY - no idea about their juice, but clearly they would have an interest in keeping us relevant
Anyone have a notion of other interested parties?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. There are enough powerful and varied interests within Universities and conferences to muddy the waters. Bringing in outside entities complicates things further. But we would be naive not to believe they are voicing their opinions to the cacophony in this maelstrom whether they come out publicly or not about it.

Reaction Score
Can we use "The Force'? I'm willing to try anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can we use "The Force'? I'm willing to try anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only if Luke SkyWalker, the Emporer, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader etc. are UConn fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom