Outgoing Tide ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Outgoing Tide ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. That wasn't a basketball game; It was an emotional roller coaster.
  2. The first two minutes and 50 some-odd seconds, between the two teams, there were 3 blocks, a steal, and no points scored. As a basketball fan, it was exciting. As a UConn fan, it was nerve wracking. It may not have been GOOD basketball, but it was exciting basketball.
  3. Then both teams settled in, and made a few baskets. 12:36 left in the half, it was tied at 10. 11:29, it was still tied at 10. Then C&C entered the game. Calcaterra and Clingan. Just a shade over 3 minutes later, at 8:26 left in the half, it was 24/10. I can't think of a three minute stretch of domination by the Huskies like that since... When? I think Bazz and Boat may have been involved in the last combined O&D flurry like that our guys have executed.
  4. And then the bottom fell out. We did not score a single point in the last 3:24 of the half, and went into the break clinging to what seemed a very precarious 5 point lead.
  5. The game stayed tight until just past the 8 minute mark, and then Sanogo just took over and dominated.
  6. It was an exhausting game to watch.
  7. Despite scoring only 4 points, Ajax had his best game of the season.
  8. Nobody on UConn played poorly.
  9. We won.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Really at no point did a win seem in jeopardy. The only time where it was possible was when Sanogo, Karaban and Hawkins all had 3 fouls 1/3 the way through second half. Otherwise we pretty much dictated tempo throughout the entire game and got great looks and even better stops.

Reaction Score
Our poise when they kept tying it up was a big deal to me. No fear in this group but why should they? Too many good players with great skills.

Reaction Score
  1. That wasn't a basketball game; It was an emotional roller coaster.
  2. The first two minutes and 50 some-odd seconds, between the two teams, there were 3 blocks, a steal, and no points scored. As a basketball fan, it was exciting. As a UConn fan, it was nerve wracking. It may not have been GOOD basketball, but it was exciting basketball.
  3. Then both teams settled in, and made a few baskets. 12:36 left in the half, it was tied at 10. 11:29, it was still tied at 10. Then C&C entered the game. Calcaterra and Clingan. Just a shade over 3 minutes later, at 8:26 left in the half, it was 24/10. I can't think of a three minute stretch of domination by the Huskies like that since... When? I think Bazz and Boat may have been involved in the last combined O&D flurry like that our guys have executed.
  4. And then the bottom fell out. We did not score a single point in the last 3:24 of the half, and went into the break clinging to what seemed a very precarious 5 point lead.
  5. The game stayed tight until just past the 8 minute mark, and then Sanogo just took over and dominated.
  6. It was an exhausting game to watch.
  7. Despite scoring only 4 points, Ajax had his best game of the season.
  8. Nobody on UConn played poorly.
  9. We won.
C&C basketball factory?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc