Outcoaching Geno? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Outcoaching Geno?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I would normally be in complete agreement with you, but this year Muffet's team looked a bit lost against the Huskies in South Bend. Ogunbawle was throwing up shots from everywhere, and mostly missing. Allen didn't have the ball in her hands enough. Mabry was pretty much invisible, as was Turner until late in the game. In the shocking loss at TN, the Irish spent a lot of the game standing around watching DD.

While I certainly acknowledge that Muffet and the Irish have gotten their act together and have clearly earned the #2 overall seed in the tournament with their play of late, early in the season they were just not playing well.
Well the team may not be as good as in some years, but again, there is no way that Geno and his staff alone are worth 10+ in the score against Mulkey and her staff. I just think this years UConn team is 10+ better as players. But I'm in sync with your other statements.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As UcMiami has said, there is no way Geno and staff are worth 10+ vs Tara and Muffet. Not on this planet. Maybe Rueck as well.

After last year's game Rueck very emphatically stated that UConn just constantly adjusted to everything he and his team tried to do. 'They adjust and take it away. That's what they do.'

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After last year's game Rueck very emphatically stated that UConn just constantly adjusted to everything he and his team tried to do. 'They adjust and take it away. That's what they do.'
But what a good young coach does is live and learn. Actually, live and steal from other coaches. As I said, maybe Rueck. The next time they face each other he'll be better prepared. They'll still lose by 10+, but not because of 10+ points of coaching mistakes or misapplications.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom