Outcoached | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Outcoached

Reaction Score
I do not understand what y’all see in Hurley ….. he’s awful!!!! Recruiting won’t matter til the coaching changes …

Reaction Score
I do not understand what y’all see in Hurley ….. he’s awful!!!! Recruiting won’t matter til the coaching changes …
You think KO was better? LOL! At least our recruiting has improved. Remember we are competing in the Big East and not the crappy AAC now. I bet this team would be second in the AAC with maybe one loss to Houston.

Reaction Score
You could say that about any coach who's team is doing a poor job executing.....by this logic no coach should ever be judged poorly...since they aren't playing....hell, but this logic Kotite should still be coaching the Jets
The team isnt as good as the hype. Players aren't producing. What would you suggest? It's still early, probably take 2 more years to get good enough players to challenge the good teams.

Reaction Score
It's both personnel and coaches. It seems like we have started recruiting the types of guys to beat these guys (Diggins, Karaban, hopefully griffiths... even Floyd to an extent). We also can't change who our current players are, and they are working their tails off to get better for this program.

The reality is with Hurley's current skillset, beating these HOF coaches or winning close games is going to be more challenging than it should be.

I'm ready for the over-the-top responses on this board from the Hurley haters and his stans. The reality is somewhere in the middle. Hurley has 90% of what it takes to be an elite coach. He has a couple hiccups like inflexibility on offense and refusal to play much of any zone that are holding him back.

I still have faith we can take steps to get to elite status if our coach keeps working hard to improve and leaves his ego behind, but it won't happen mid-season.
Well he did play zone in this game and got burned by Villanova. LOL!

Reaction Score
You think KO was better? LOL! At least our recruiting has improved. Remember we are competing in the Big East and not the crappy AAC now. I bet this team would be second in the AAC with maybe one loss to Houston.
Houston would beat us down, cincy, smu, ucf but I’ll stop there lol … now U brought up Ollie to prove what exactly lol , Ollie is a national championship coach lol what have Hurley really won …. N don’t give me recruiting

Reaction Score
Naturally Villanova was the team we chose to finally (briefly) break the zone out against. Not exactly setting it up for success

Reaction Score
On paper, we have one of the most talented rosters in the Big East.

We can point fingers all we want, but this all comes down to coaching.
Exactly you look how Jay Wright is cool calm n collected , our coach looking all frantic lol…. Wright coached his players up and they exceed expectations, our players look like they’ve gotten worse … gaffney, polley, akok, Whaley , but next year is gonna tell me a lot about Hurley

Reaction Score
RJ cole isn't the issue. We don't have anyone else that can hit a jumpshot which is our problem. If we could have more than one shooter hit a jump shot it would open the lane for Sanogo and Cole to get baskets inside.
Hawkins is hitting.

Reaction Score
This team is a reflection of their coach. Just outclassed in every way imaginable in every facet of the game. Defense, rebounding, dribbling, catching, poor decision making. It’s really hard to win at the college level when your best player is a big man.

Reaction Score
Cole would be an instant offense bench player on a good team. The fact that we depend on him to score in a primary role is crazy.

Not if you thought taking us from the Ollie low to what Hurley did at URI would be acceptable which I'm beginning to think ole Danny boy did.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm done with this game. Our defense got carved up by Villanova as we pressed too much and our offense is putrid. Hurley did nothing to prepare for this game. That was embarrassing display of basketball. Who besides Depaul and Georgetown on our schedule can we beat now?
Our players as a group generally don’t have sound footwork, excellent dribbling skills and handles. The players on Villanova generally do have those sound fundamentals. We do have talent and athleticism but that’s only half the game.

Reaction Score
Maybe DH needs a touch of that JC “fire breathing” at times, when his starters aren’t hustling, etc.?

Reaction Score
Our players as a group generally don’t have sound footwork, excellent dribbling skills and handles. The players on Villanova generally do have those sound fundamentals. We do have talent and athleticism but that’s only half the game.
Villanova is lights out with FT shooting.
That will pay big dividends in the tournament

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Is Doug McDermott the best in the business too?

Maybe we'll get there when Villanova has 3 starters out.
I don’t think we were outcoached by Creighton, I think we just shot like garbage (look at the field goal numbers today for us compared to against Creighton). I think we were outcoached today. And that has more to do with how good Jay Wright is and not Hurley being a poor coach. Although he has flaws.

Reaction Score
I think it is obvious that Hawkins needs to play more and get a bigger rope before Hurley takes him out for a boneheaded TO. AJ brings almost nothing on the offensive side. At least this guy can shoot. He should at least take Polley's minutes as we need to develop this kid offensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom