Outcoached | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Outcoached

Reaction Score
Yeah the lack of offensive adjustments by Hurley to get open shots for our guys puzzles me after the last 2 performances. Did he magically think something would change?

Reaction Score
Postgame press conference
Hurley (with trademarked furrowed brow like he’s straining at the limits of his mental capacity): “Obviously no way to anticipate they’d be pounding it down low like that. Poor job of preparing the team by me…again.”

Reaction Score
What game are you watching or am I missing something here? The front court, coaching and role players have been missing. 5 total points from our front with 5 total rebs.
Yes. But it all starts from the backcourt. The backcourt are the artery to the front court.

Reaction Score
Idk what our coach is supposed to do when our “best player” gets dominated all game and can’t run an offense or hit a shot.

This team is going nowhere so long as RJ Cole is a part of it.
RJ cole isn't the issue. We don't have anyone else that can hit a jumpshot which is our problem. If we could have more than one shooter hit a jump shot it would open the lane for Sanogo and Cole to get baskets inside.

Reaction Score
Idk what our coach is supposed to do when our “best player” gets dominated all game and can’t run an offense or hit a shot.

This team is going nowhere so long as RJ Cole is a part of it.

Curious who you think he should run out there instead?

Reaction Score
Hurley (with trademarked furrowed brow like he’s straining at the limits of his mental capacity): “Obviously no way to anticipate they’d be pounding it down low like that. Poor job of preparing the team by me…again.”
That’s funny

Reaction Score
This is a horribly coached and played game by uconn

Reaction Score
But Hurley's not the one missing shots, throwing the ball away, standing around and getting out rebounded
You could say that about any coach who's team is doing a poor job executing.....by this logic no coach should ever be judged poorly...since they aren't playing....hell, but this logic Kotite should still be coaching the Jets

Reaction Score
We cut it to 7 when we came out in the 2/3 zone to start the half. Then went to man and are just getting picked apart over and over. Yet, we are still in man.

Reaction Score
UConn is a flawed team. There is one player, Cole, that can create his owns shot. Guard play is not elite. Heck, 3 of the starters are not top 100 recruits.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Not a hoops guy but have watched almost every men's and women's game for 30 years. Heard the announcers say UConn is the most talented team is the BE. Really? Look like a mediocre mid-major to me. Don't hold a candle to an average Calhoun team. Gotta confess I don't how this team is ranked at all. No flow. Passive play. Most players look lost and timid. No swagger. Is it the players? Coaching? I don't know, but most answers are usually more complex than they appear on the surface, so probably a combination of the above. Will be a miracle if they get past the second round (assuming they get in). Another dismal display. 10 minutes left going shopping.

Reaction Score
The Hurley brigade reduced to “he’s not the one missing the shots”.

No. He’s just the one who assembled this severely flawed team in year #4. He’s been talking about Year 4 since Year 1. Well. Here it is.
Bingo. This is on the coach now. He’s shown the ability to assemble a fringe- top 25 team, but nothing more. Same at URI.

Reaction Score
But this was another loss where we were without another key player, so it shouldn’t count.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm done with this game. Our defense got carved up by Villanova as we pressed too much and our offense is putrid. Hurley did nothing to prepare for this game. That was embarrassing display of basketball. Who besides Depaul and Georgetown on our schedule can we beat now?

Reaction Score
They say defense travels but , sanogo let Dixon get his career high in points , our defense non existent, they don’t communicate , Hurley overly emotional gets a tech , coach better but he won’t … tough watch , only player I have faith in is Cole

Reaction Score
The two best coaches in this league Wirght and McDermott absolutely own Hurley. Things are not good.

It's both personnel and coaches. It seems like we have started recruiting the types of guys to beat these guys (Diggins, Karaban, hopefully griffiths... even Floyd to an extent). We also can't change who our current players are, and they are working their tails off to get better for this program.

The reality is with Hurley's current skillset, beating these HOF coaches or winning close games is going to be more challenging than it should be.

I'm ready for the over-the-top responses on this board from the Hurley haters and his stans. The reality is somewhere in the middle. Hurley has 90% of what it takes to be an elite coach. He has a couple hiccups like inflexibility on offense and refusal to play much of any zone that are holding him back.

I still have faith we can take steps to get to elite status if our coach keeps working hard to improve and leaves his ego behind, but it won't happen mid-season.

Reaction Score
What a good time to put the young pups in. Throw the young guys into the fire. Send a message to the old guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom