Out rebounded 50-33 | The Boneyard

Out rebounded 50-33

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread -- hands and cleaning up the defensive glass was one of our big concerns that we'd papered over by excellent play in other areas lately. Not so tonight.

Reaction Score
Sanogo needs to stay on the floor. Martin blanked again, you can bet on that happening at least 33% of games. Bouk taking ill-advised shots and falling all over the place. Everything that has plagued us this season did today. Jackson and Gaff were combined -24.

Reaction Score
Offensive rebounds are a key area of our offense. Creighton did a great job on the glass. We needed to spread them out, but we couldn't hit the barn from 3 so they were collapsing in the paint and had 3 guys in on every rebound.

On defense, we went for a lot of blocks and didn't have other guys helping the box outs since they were glued to shooters.

Reaction Score
How many times did Martin drive or cleanup tonight when he was in? He took at least one really stupid 3 that I recall. Night and day from the Martin from yesterday. He's best when he's like the Wolf from Pulp Fiction, cleaning up sh#$.
And I say that as someone who loves what he brings to UConn. Massive fan.

Reaction Score
I feel Sanogo and Whaley played well in the post so such a lopsided stat may be indicative of how bad we shot.

Reaction Score
went small for a long time in 1st half... and Tyrese was on the bench for a lot of time in 2nd.

but yeah this is reason #1 for the L
If you look at all the put backs they made in the second half. This was a MAJOR reason we lost.

If we hit shots we could have won. If Sanogo doesn't get phantom fouls we could have won. If Cole doesn't get hurt we could have won. If Bouk was 100% we could of won. But the rebound number was HUGE.

Reaction Score
Sanogo needs work on rebounding and fighting for position. He had 5 rebounds and two of them were in missed free throws an zero offensive rebounds. He had a great game but when he’s the only big in the game we won’t get many second chances.

Reaction Score
We also put up a dozen prayers. Please tell Jackson he is not allowed to shoot from 3, this year.
He just shouldn’t have been playing. He’s a big piece and has all the talent. But they clogged the lane because he can’t shoot at all.

Reaction Score
I feel Sanogo and Whaley played well in the post so such a lopsided stat may be indicative of how bad we shot.
Huskies were 19-58 from the field for 33%. Creighton was 23-62 for 37%. So not much difference. Creighton out rebounded UConn 17-9 on the offensive glass.

The Opie-faced former Dukie had 8 rebounds in 9 minutes. More rebounds than either Whaley or Sanogo.

CV1

Reaction Score
This really is the biggest thing that jumps out about this game besides for not having Cole out there the last 5 minutes which killed us. Jefferson alone had 7 offensive boards. That pains me even to write. When Sanogo was not on the floor, we went smaller and that really hurt us on the glass.

Reaction Score
Jackson has to shoot from three. I liked that he had the confidence to take the shot. But he didn't shoot it with confidence. It was more like hope. He should have been taking one or two a game just to get a feel for it. I think this was his first three point attempt in a month.

Reaction Score
I was very disappointed in Whaley's game. He needed to do more on both ends (in fairness, no one played well except Sanogo at times, but he had his very bad moments too).

Reaction Score
He just shouldn’t have been playing. He’s a big piece and has all the talent. But they clogged the lane because he can’t shoot at all.
^^^ this. Might be the most athletic player we’ve ever had... but we’ve had a boatload of better basketball players.

Reaction Score
Huskies were 19-58 from the field for 33%. Creighton was 23-62 for 37%. So not much difference. Creighton out rebounded UConn 17-9 on the offensive glass.

The Opie-faced former Dukie had 8 rebounds in 9 minutes. More rebounds than either Whaley or Sanogo.
Half of their rebounds were from guys left alone when 2-3 of our guys went for a block. We need better discipline.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Many many poorly chosen shots, without any obvious need to be taking them. Whaley, Sanogo, and Carlton all scored on pick & rolls that were the best looking all season.

Reaction Score
Many many poorly chosen shots, without any obvious need to be taking them. Whaley, Sanogo, and Carlton all scored on pick & rolls that were the best looking all season.
Did we feed Sanogo more than once in the second half? The only shots I remember were Bouk’s highly contested long 2’s for absolutely no reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom