Out of the Wilderness | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Out of the Wilderness

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Anything less that 10-2 (11-2 with the bowl game win) is a let down.
Really hope this is an attempt at sarcasm.

But is it really? Taken from another thread, UConn, as of today, is favored for each game the rest of the season. Suggesting it would be a let down to lose in an upset doesnt' sound so crazy, does it?

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
But is it really? Taken from another thread, UConn, as of today, is favored for each game the rest of the season. Suggesting it would be a let down to lose in an upset doesnt' sound so crazy, does it?

View attachment 103886
Playing those percentages, UConn is expected to have 1 or 2 losses the rest of the way. Running the table is a long shot but possible

Reaction Score
I am not willing to write the Syracuse game off for UConn. But I will say that the ESPN Matchup Predictor has been wildly inaccurate in the past. Right idea but not enough data to ensure accuracy until late in the season perhaps. So I take it with a grain of salt ESPN's prediction on Syracuse this far out. Guessing that a lot will depend on the GAST game in terms of accuracy of prediction for Syracuse. To a lesser extent Wake. The Temple and Rice games should only be a measurement of UConn's ability to stay focused and work hard preparing for a lesser opponent. REFUSE to play down to the level of the opponent. UConn damned well better not lose those games or they won't have any fans left. If they want to start playing before a full stadium, crushing the next two opponents is critical. There is a lot to play for.

Reaction Score
3 dominant wins doesn't get you out of the hole of 12 years (leaving 2022 out) of sheer ineptitude and the bad taste the decade has left in college football's mouth, regarding us.

I will keep saying it - "respect" from the broader FBS community (coaches, conferences, press/media) is about 2 more seasons away, assuming we continue on this trajectory.

We need to start making games like the duke game, a commonplace occurence. Until we start posing a serious threat to P4 Teams on our schedule, our wins won't matter to the folks holding the keys to our conference invite. The floor is our performance against duke. The ceiling is .... well... kicking some syracuse and wake butt.

assuming we take care of business at the G5 games, my barometer of our team is "do we go 2-0 against syracuse and wake". they're the only ones left who consistently play real teams (i.e. P4 schedule grind, every week)

we CAN get out of the wilderness, but we've only just started to turn the rusty gears.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Really hope this is an attempt at sarcasm.
I am very good at sarcasm, so you’d know if I was using it. I’m serious that we could reasonably win the rest of the games this season and that I will be let down by anything less.

Reaction Score
Looking at the more reasonable Sagarin ratings, UConn is up to 88. Our remaining opponents:

vs 153 Temple
vs 93 Wake Forest
vs 124 Rice
vs 123 Georgia State
@ 117 UAB
@ 63 Syracuse

So we have a lot of pretty awful opponents that we should be favored against -- especially at home. UAB away might be tricky just cause we haven't played well away and Syracuse is currently about 25 rankings higher than us. Who knows by then.

Still, if you say they basically win out at home and lose to UAB/Cuse, that still puts you at 8-4 with a decent shot at 9-3 and an outside shot at 10-2.

Reaction Score
Looking at the more reasonable Sagarin ratings, UConn is up to 88. Our remaining opponents:

vs 153 Temple
vs 93 Wake Forest
vs 124 Rice
vs 123 Georgia State
@ 117 UAB
@ 63 Syracuse

So we have a lot of pretty awful opponents that we should be favored against -- especially at home. UAB away might be tricky just cause we haven't played well away and Syracuse is currently about 25 rankings higher than us. Who knows by then.

Still, if you say they basically win out at home and lose to UAB/Cuse, that still puts you at 8-4 with a decent shot at 9-3 and an outside shot at 10-2.
umass?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom