Out of Conference Schedule | The Boneyard

Out of Conference Schedule

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This time of year, we are always looking to see what non-Big East teams we will be playing next season, especially at home. As a XL season ticket holder, I am concerned about who I will get to see in person. We know we have USF and USC coming in, but who else? For reasons I know about but don't understand, we will be playing South Carolina and Tennessee on the road. Games that, if the rotation was followed, would be home games. I have a theory that may make the 2 game deals hard to close out with any potential opponent. Paige Bueckers, that's right, it may be her fault. Next year she is the favorite to be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft, and I believe the media will be hyping her like they did CC this past year. We saw what she did for attendance on road games, so our potential opponents may be holding out to get her to play in their arenas, for their fans to see, and of course, sell the place out. I believe we have about three schedule openings, so with the mergers of the other conferences it must be hard for those schools to make a decision, not knowing what their conference schedule will look like. With some of the old Pac12 teams moving east, we should be able to work something out with a couple of them, like Stanford, Oregon, or Arizona. Anyway, what are your thoughts, and does anyone have any information about the OOC schedule that could be shared with the rest of us? Hoping for some good news pretty soon. BTW, here's hoping that the USC game will be at XL. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Are we certain that USF and Texas are going to be on the schedule?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Last year we completed home and home with Texas, Maryland, and NC State. I have heard nothing whether they will be renewed. The usual such as Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Tennessee will be on the road. The problem is that we have too many neutral site games. Louisville, North Carolina, and Iowa State are all neutral site games which mean nothing to us unless they are at Mohegan Sun. Still, the school has to fill in the OOC schedules at Gampel and Xl. Right now, a little worried.

Reaction Score
Last year we completed home and home with Texas, Maryland, and NC State. I have heard nothing whether they will be renewed. The usual such as Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Tennessee will be on the road. The problem is that we have too many neutral site games. Louisville, North Carolina, and Iowa State are all neutral site games which mean nothing to us unless they are at Mohegan Sun. Still, the school has to fill in the OOC schedules at Gampel and Xl. Right now, a little worried.
what are you worried about, exactly?

Reaction Score
What are you worried about? Myself, I am not worried about the OOC schedule. You play who you can play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Possible game vs North Carolina in Greensboro NC on Nov 15, to be confirmed

I wouldn’t call Greensboro neutral - it’s an easy 40 minute drive from campus

Reaction Score
Possible game vs North Carolina in Greensboro NC on Nov 15, to be confirmed

I wouldn’t call Greensboro neutral - it’s an easy 40 minute drive from campus
It’s always a neutral site for UNC and Duke, in men’s tournaments. ;^)

Reaction Score
This time of year, we are always looking to see what non-Big East teams we will be playing next season, especially at home. As a XL season ticket holder, I am concerned about who I will get to see in person. We know we have USF and USC coming in, but who else? For reasons I know about but don't understand, we will be playing South Carolina and Tennessee on the road. Games that, if the rotation was followed, would be home games. I have a theory that may make the 2 game deals hard to close out with any potential opponent. Paige Bueckers, that's right, it may be her fault. Next year she is the favorite to be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft, and I believe the media will be hyping her like they did CC this past year. We saw what she did for attendance on road games, so our potential opponents may be holding out to get her to play in their arenas, for their fans to see, and of course, sell the place out. I believe we have about three schedule openings, so with the mergers of the other conferences it must be hard for those schools to make a decision, not knowing what their conference schedule will look like. With some of the old Pac12 teams moving east, we should be able to work something out with a couple of them, like Stanford, Oregon, or Arizona. Anyway, what are your thoughts, and does anyone have any information about the OOC schedule that could be shared with the rest of us? Hoping for some good news pretty soon. BTW, here's hoping that the USC game will be at XL. Fingers crossed.
Why would we play SC on the road? Haven’t our last two games been there? This will make three in a row, I believe? That does not seem right!

Reaction Score
Why would we play SC on the road? Haven’t our last two games been there? This will make three in a row, I believe? That does not seem right!
The Elite 8 was played in Portland, OR.

I don’t know when or even if they played prior, probably had at some point, but don’t know when. Irrelevant, I was of the understanding that they were playing in Connecticut this year?

Reaction Score
Have any firm dates been published for either OOC or IC schedules yet? We’ll be visiting our daughter in DC a couple times this year and I’d love it if we could see either a G’town or a UMd game.

I don’t even know where either of those teams play these days. I used to live in DC when the Hoyas played in McDonough gym and I think the Terps usually play at the Xfinity center. Do either of them ever play at the Capitol Center?

Reaction Score
The Elite 8 was played in Portland, OR.

I don’t know when or even if they played prior, probably had at some point, but don’t know when. Irrelevant, I was of the understanding that they were playing in Connecticut this year?
The game that was cancelled in the 2021-2022 season was supposed to be played at South Carolina, so this meeting is still being played on that contract, which should've been a home game for SC.

Reaction Score
The game that was cancelled in the 2021-2022 season was supposed to be played at South Carolina, so this meeting is still being played on that contract, which should've been a home game for SC.
Oh, my bad. I read SC and immediately thought the question was about Southern Cal. Makes much more sense as So. Car.!

Reaction Score
Have any firm dates been published for either OOC or IC schedules yet? We’ll be visiting our daughter in DC a couple times this year and I’d love it if we could see either a G’town or a UMd game.

I don’t even know where either of those teams play these days. I used to live in DC when the Hoyas played in McDonough gym and I think the Terps usually play at the Xfinity center. Do either of them ever play at the Capitol Center?
Georgetown women play at McDonough, unless they're playing UConn and then they play at the Entertainment and Sports Arena (where the Mystics play).

Georgetown men play at Capital One Arena.

UMd women (and I believe the men) play on-campus at Xfinity Center.

Reaction Score
I thought we made that game up the following year? The 21-22 was canceled. It had been at SC. The following year, 22-23, we made that game up by changing what was to be UConn’s home game to SC. Then last year, we were back to the regular rotation which put us in SC again. This year should be in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I thought we made that game up the following year? The 21-22 was canceled. It had been at SC. The following year, 22-23, we made that game up by changing what was to be UConn’s home game to SC. Then last year, we were back to the regular rotation which put us in SC again. This year should be in Storrs.
IIRC-

2021-2022 @ SC cancelled
2022-2023 @ UCONN
2023-2024 @ SC(this was the last year of the 4 game contract)
2024-2025 @ SC(to make up the 21-22 cancellation)

2025-2026 - New Contract

Reaction Score
We played SC in February 2023 in Hartford where we only lost by like 5 points.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
We played SC in February 2023 in Hartford where we only lost by like 5 points.
That was the hand off game where the officials missed the non pass and UConn was only down by two points. Nika committed her 5th foul to stop the clock with less than a minute left, ended up losing by 4 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom