Out Coached.......AGAIN | The Boneyard

Out Coached.......AGAIN

Reaction Score
Can't help but admire the half court sets and out of bounds plays that Wichita State runs to get wide open/easy buckets. I can't even remember the last time Uconn ran a play to get an open shot.

Something needs to change, its the same mistakes every game. No one boxing out, All 1 on 1 offense, and Ollie rarely even uses his timeouts to set something up. Antoine Anderson has no business playing the minutes he is getting. He brings nothing to this team, but the ability to dribble the ball up the floor. Would like to see Adams Vital Larrier Mamadou Carlton lineup getting the majority of the minutes.

Reaction Score
Can't help but admire the half court sets and out of bounds plays that Wichita State runs to get wide open/easy buckets. I can't even remember the last time Uconn ran a play to get an open shot.

Something needs to change, its the same mistakes every game. No one boxing out, All 1 on 1 offense, and Ollie rarely even uses his timeouts to set something up. Antoine Anderson has no business playing the minutes he is getting. He brings nothing to this team, but the ability to dribble the ball up the floor. Would like to see Adams Vital Larrier Mamadou Carlton lineup getting the majority of the minutes.
Thats by far our best lineup. If we are going to turn season around Adams has to avg 5 to 6 assists a game from this point on

Reaction Score
The sets that WSU got in the last 5 min vs the sets UConn got in the last 5 min was the difference in the game. UConn was straight iso ball while WSU would get an open look for one of their guards or our zone D would just forget about a 3 point shooter somehow

Reaction Score
KO was out of his mind putting this roster together with ZERO guards that can make a 3 pointer....pathetic.

Reaction Score
I’ve said this before, but neither KO or Ricky could shoot a lick. I don’t know if Killings or Chill know a nice looking jumper when they see one, but it is kind of ironic that two of our coaches had about the ugliest jumpers in UConn history.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’ve said this before, but neither KO or Ricky could shoot a lick. I don’t know if Killings or Chill know a nice looking jumper when they see one, but it is kind of ironic that two of our coaches had about the ugliest jumpers in UConn history.

The guys coming next year apparently can stroke it, so there's that. But damn, I've never seen a tUCONN team shoot like this.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Today's game is predicated on having multiple three point shooters and a rebounding big man with passing ability. We have neither. KO apparently didn't see the shift in the game in the past 5 years.

Reaction Score
We didn't take all that many wide open 3 pointers. Anderson had one that he missed. And Vital had one off a rare feed from Adams from that corner that went in. I don't remember any other wide open 3s. The rest were with some resistance. You could put Frankamp on this team and it would matter since we wouldn't run anything to get him open. We are all about ISO basketball

Reaction Score

We can’t hit the broad side of a barn but yes we would convert more 3’s if we ran plays to get clean shots. All of our 3’s are contested.

Reaction Score
We can’t hit the broad side of a barn but yes we would convert more 3’s if we ran plays to get clean shots. All of our 3’s are contested.

I'd be interested in someone (not me, I'm not enough of a masochist) going through our awesome 3-18 and 4-20 shooting games and seeing how many of those shots are completely contested or off the dribble. I refuse to totally ascribe to a narrative that we are just a "bad shooting team." Ray would struggle if all of his shots had to come contested or off the dribble. If we ran any semblance of a half-court offense our players could actually shoot in rhythm for once.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh ok. I guess then we shouldn't look at the process for how we got here, and how we get out of this rut. The entire world is binary.
In a results orientated world, yes it is. Too binary. I can’t see how this game is anything more than what was predicted before the season started. This board gets so wishy washy and bipolar. There were and are issues but no one can recognize when they are being tended too. Again, as far as the process, what is the solution? Trading for new players? Calling someone up from the minors? Better sets for guys who can’t shoot? Play more man for guys who don’t know how to not foul, get beat, or help? There are no coaches coming from where they are until we are out of this purgatory of a conference. It is better for them to wait and continue their success until a real opportunity comes. An x and o guy would be great, but only as an asst. we are all very passionate and fairly knowledgeable fans and Some need to decide if they are this or customers.

I appreciate your posts by the way.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t bet the farm on that. But it would look better.

See how I worked that into the barn analogy?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Ollie, is as good as gone, it just won’t happen until the season is over. This team excites nobody, sad really, because I am sure these are all good kids. Not their fault they aren’t coached to their potential or put in spots they’re not capable of handling.

Reaction Score
KO was out of his mind putting this roster together with ZERO guards that can make a 3 pointer....pathetic.
I am sure he recruited shooters, they just elected to go elsewhere. Not much can do about that. We tried to recruit an ace, unfortunately we got nothing but 5’s and 7’s.

Reaction Score
I mean ppl will talk about the lack of assists which I agree but Adams line 18pts 6 asts 5 boards is great for any team any game .. the real issue is getting assists from everyone else which we don’t have those playmaking guards or forwards.. vital isn’t an assist guy , Larrier isn’t one for damn sure , clear point on the 3 on 2 fast break he doesn’t pass the ball up which almost resulted in a walk smh, AA just another guy who’s out there , Carlton travels under pressure, Cobb commits Offensive fouls , I mean I can go down the line.. Adams can’t do it alone out there and yes he forces things just like everyone else , I couldn’t trust this team if I was him to make the right play.. so we avg 9 a game and Adams gets you 6 of them .. what else do y’all want him to do

Reaction Score

With Ollie everything is possible except for WINNING.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom