Our veteran backcourt | The Boneyard

Our veteran backcourt

Reaction Score
Even without Polley it doesn't seem like this team should be *this* bad. Yet, here we are.
They are not that bad. Our record hlwever is and at the end of the day, I guess that's what matters. They struggle scoring and finishing games but they are not getting hammered like they have in the past. We are at least competitive.

Reaction Score
I've tried not to pile on but you cannot go 5-22 from the field and 1-13 fr 3pt range ... ouch
It’s a similar stat line with those two against every “good” team we play

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They weren't pretty. It's definitely time to go with the kids the rest of the way, even if the results are the same. At least they will develop.

Reaction Score
Not so veteran right now. Looks like Hurley is handing the keys to Gaffney for late game situations. Can't say its any better yet but we're playing for the future at this point.
I’d say it was MUCH better. The young team got us back in the game. That is not only our future, if is our present. Sorry to Josh and Al, but we saw our best 5 man unit on the floor in the second half today. Time to go w it.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Although the young guys will make their share of mistakes, the energy, athleticism and quickness is way more fun to watch that 25 seconds of Gilbert and Vital dribbling the ball 30 feet from the hoop.

I’m all for seeing the gaff/bouk/Adams/Sid/Akok lineup get extended run for the rest of the year regardless of what the W/L outcome.

we ain’t winning with the seniors and it ain’t fun to watch with them either. At least let us see our future blossom.

Reaction Score
What is the fate if we lose out? Serious question. Yes drama is involved because this is a while new version of bad. Being picked 4-6 preseason to be dead last has really got to start getting some fires burning. I get the talent issue. I get the “loser” mentality all though they play great defense. But Adams leaving was in fact massive. But with the addition of all else and “growth” of Carlton there is absolutely no way we should be here. None!!!!just sick of this. I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship and can’t let go. It to make light if that. Please either push me off or pull me back from the cliff. FYI. We don’t want to go OT. Are we like 0-5?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Carlton and whaley, pick your poison, they are both jeckyl and hide

Not talking about this year. Indeed AG and Vital still have to play too this season.

Reaction Score
They are not that bad. Our record hlwever is and at the end of the day, I guess that's what matters. They struggle scoring and finishing games but they are not getting hammered like they have in the past. We are at least competitive.
Which must be as disheartening as getting blown out. Kids at this level want wins as much as us fans. Most of them don’t know this feeling coming from any high school or aau league. They are D1 ballers.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I liked what I saw from Gaffney and Adams today. They have to play more. Bouknight needs to learn not to foul, on both ends of the floor. But he has to play. Wilson had his moments, still made some bad decisions. If Vital isn't hitting 3's he really hurts you on the offensive end of the floor, his rebounding and intensity notwithstanding. Gilbert? I don't know what to say. Whaley and Carlton did nothing, particularly defensively. Akok is thin, but so long and athletic that he bothers the opposing 5 like the others can't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom