Our Upcoming Biggies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Upcoming Biggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't be too shocked when the B1G gets 8 bids including an Ohio state team we crushed by 20.

If Ohio State gets in (assuming they continue their middling play) there better be some hell to pay. #82 RPI, #68 KenPom, 1 top 100 win, 3 losses outside the top 100 (including home losses to Texas-Arlington and Louisiana Tech.) Disastrous profile right now.

Reaction Score
Apparently, that was of his own doing. Another Memphis board is saying he refused to come out of the locker room after halftime. Mod on that board says based on what he knows, he wouldn't play Burrell Thursday night.
Pastner quote today: Burrell status day-to-day.

Reaction Score
Pastner has a job to save. I bet Burrell plays.
Not so sure. Memphis fans hate him because apparently he doesn't "let little stuff go." If he refused to come out and play in the 2nd half of the SMU game, I would qualify that as more than little.

Reaction Score
Not so sure. Memphis fans hate him because apparently he doesn't "let little stuff go." If he refused to come out and play in the 2nd half of the SMU game, I would qualify that as more than little.
Yeah, didn't he suspend Dominic Woodson for swearing during practice a year or two ago?

Reaction Score
I obviously think Burrell not playing helps our chances of winning a solid road game but I want him to play. I want to see where this team stands with Brimah back. I want to play Memphis' A squad. (I will 100% regret this if Burrell plays and we lose).

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...insider-josh-pastner-0203-20160203-story.html

Despite his optimism and approachability, Pastner has been firm in running a program consistent with his beliefs, never hesitating to suspend a player. Last Saturday, he held one of the best players, Trahson Burrell, out of the second half against Southern Methodist for an undisclosed violation. Pastner called it "internal discipline." While the Tigers' postseason hopes could ride on the next two games, against UConn and Cincinnati, Pastner gave no guarantees about Burrell's return.

"I've always believed this: No one's bigger than the program," Pastner told the Memphis media. "That goes for myself or anybody else."

Reaction Score
If you think we are getting in with a 22-10 record 12-6 in conference and a first round conf. exit you must not be following our conference history. We need no more than 2 losses the rest of way and definitely can't lose our first conference game to be pretty sure we got a good chance of getting in. That would put us at 24-8 with a second round game and a good chance to get in. I just don't see us getting in with 10 losses from this horrible conference.
I understand your pessimism. I don't think your accurate. If we beat SMU, we can afford cin loss SMU loss and one wtf loss. If we beat cin, we can afford two losses to SMU and one other loss. Three losses is definitely fine, assuming we beat Cincinnati or SMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom