Our Upcoming Biggies | The Boneyard

Our Upcoming Biggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis, Temple, SMU, Cincy, SMU
I don't thinks it's fair that we should have to beat SMU to get a bid as high as they are ranked, but I think we need our home game against them. Need to return the favor to Cincy and then beat Temple. If we win the rest I feel comfortable regardless of the tournament. We could lose to Memphis or someone else and one to SMU. Us, Cincy and Temple for bids. I know many say only 2 bids. I'm hearing stuff about some leagues getting 8 bids but that seems far fetched.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Temple, SMU, Cincy, SMU
I don't thinks it's fair that we should have to beat SMU to get a bid as high as they are ranked, but I think we need our home game against them. Need to return the favor to Cincy and then beat Temple. If we win the rest I feel comfortable regardless of the tournament. We could lose to Memphis or someone else and one to SMU. Us, Cincy and Temple for bids. I know many say only 2 bids. I'm hearing stuff about some leagues getting 8 bids but that seems far fetched.
Don't be too shocked when the B1G gets 8 bids including an Ohio state team we crushed by 20.

Reaction Score
Memphis on Thursday night is huge. We have a chance to sweep them, and I think thats important for seeding in the AAC Tournament and seperating ourselves from the other top teams in the league for a better resume and an at large bid. We put ourselves in a tough position by losing the first games to Temple and Cincy at home and winning at their place wont be easy. I would sign up for a split with SMU right now but I think the margin for error is very thin going forward. I dont want to be in the position where we have to win the AAC Tournament as our only hope to get in the big dance

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I say with brimah back our chances at beating Memphis on the road next as well as temple and cincy are good,would love a split with Smu and no more slip ups.need to go deep in the AAC tourney to better our bid.

Reaction Score
We're 15-6 with 10 games left. Win 7-10 remaining and we get in most likely no matter what happens in the AAC tourney. I'm all about the 1 game at a time mentality and if a game is on the line with 1 minute left we have to win.

Reaction Score
If Hamilton wakes up and starts the cycle of uconn greats towards the end of the season - look out!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Memphis would be considered our 1st "bad loss" in the eyes of the committee with an RPI of 118, obviously could go down by seasons end but with only 2 sub 139 wins (temple and 0hio st) heck only 3 below 173 that's unlikely . This is a game they need to win, contain Shaq Goodwin and that becomes a lot easier.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We're 15-6 with 10 games left. Win 7-10 remaining and we get in most likely no matter what happens in the AAC tourney. I'm all about the 1 game at a time mentality and if a game is on the line with 1 minute left we have to win.

I think you are living in the past. No way we sniff a bid with a 22-9 record, 24-10 with a tourney final loss.

We have simply not racked up enough quality wins against the top 100. We don't have any sub 100 losses either.

Our OOC opponents didn't turn out to be as good as we thought. And we lost most of those games.

We have 6-7 games left vs the top 100. We need to win at least 5 of those. One needs to be SMU in addition to the Cincy rematch.

Any loss to the bottom of the AAC, could sink us.

The AAC just isn't on the committee radar, whether you believe in conspiracies or not. We don't even think the teams in this conference are good.

Reaction Score
I think you are living in the past. No way we sniff a bid with a 22-9 record, 24-10 with a tourney final loss.

We have simply not racked up enough quality wins against the top 100. We don't have any sub 100 losses either.

Our OOC opponents didn't turn out to be as good as we thought. And we lost most of those games.

We have 6-7 games left vs the top 100. We need to win at least 5 of those. One needs to be SMU in addition to the Cincy rematch.

The AAC just isn't on the committee radar, whether you believe in conspiracies or not. We don't even think the teams in this conference are good.
We went 4-3 in our OOC games, that's not the same as "losing most." We beat Georgetown, Texas, Michigan, & Ohio St. and lost to Syracuse, Gonzaga and Maryland.

Reaction Score
With this team I feel more comfortable with them on the Road.
Totally agree. Hasn't really been talked about much, but this team is 4-1 in true road games, and the game they lost, they led for 35 minutes on the road. They have played very steady on the road.

Wonder what kind of crowd Memphis will have on Thursday night with them struggling?

Reaction Score
We really need Hamilton to find his shot right about now. Getting a fresh Brimah back could be a shot in the arm. I'm also hoping to see even more out of Miller and Gibbs. I don't imagine they came to UConn for their final year to play in the NIT.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We went 4-3 in our OOC games, that's not the same as "losing most." We beat Georgetown, Texas, Michigan, & Ohio St. and lost to Syracuse, Gonzaga and Maryland.

And then lost to Temple, Tulsa, and Cincy. We are 4-6 vs the Top 100. If we end up at .500 then we are going to the NIT. We have 6-7 games left that matter and need to win all the others.

If we go 5-2, we end up 9-8 vs the Top 100. Not an NCAA resume unless two of those wins are vs. SMU.

Understand how many top 100 wins we used to rack up vs the Catholic 7. They weren't good teams but the looked good to the selection committee. We don't have those resume padding games anymore, we have UCF.

Take a look at Utah, a top 25 team to the polls. There resume isn't that much better than ours but their games against the P12 are all top 100 even though those teams aren't good either.

That is the uphill battle the AAC faces inside the committee room. We don't even have a rep on the committee either.

We might get in on name, but do you really want to leave it to that chance?

We have one loss left before the AAC tournament to play with before we are in trouble. We also need another good win or two. One vs SMU and at least one vs our bubble competitors.

The backs are against the wall whether you realize it or not.

Reaction Score
And then lost to Temple, Tulsa, and Cincy. We are 4-6 vs the Top 100. If we end up at .500 then we are going to the NIT. We have 6-7 games left that matter and need to win all the others.

If we go 5-2, we end up 9-8 vs the Top 100. Not an NCAA resume unless two of those wins are vs. SMU.

Understand how many top 100 wins we used to rack up vs the Catholic 7. They weren't good teams but the looked good to the selection committee. We don't have those resume padding games anymore, we have UCF.

Take a look at Utah, a top 25 team to the polls. There resume isn't that much better than ours but their games against the P12 are all top 100 even though those teams aren't good either.

That is the uphill battle the AAC faces inside the committee room. We don't even have a rep on the committee either.

We have one loss left before the AAC tournament to play with before we are in trouble. We also need another good win or two. One vs SMU and at least one vs our bubble competitors.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that we didn't lose most of our OOC games?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I feel this is too dire and some others too much wishful thinking
This team has no bad losses - thats huge
Also this team has lost some games it should not have - Temple and Cinci
With those two wins, nobody here is throwing up the white flag
I agree that the committee may not have the AAC in their best of thoughts BUT UConn is a signature program and warrants more than a cursory look.
The mantra has to be one game at a time - hokey as that may be.
I believe that with AB, UConn wins both the Temple and Cinci games

Reaction Score
If you think we are getting in with a 22-10 record 12-6 in conference and a first round conf. exit you must not be following our conference history. We need no more than 2 losses the rest of way and definitely can't lose our first conference game to be pretty sure we got a good chance of getting in. That would put us at 24-8 with a second round game and a good chance to get in. I just don't see us getting in with 10 losses from this horrible conference.

Reaction Score

I was just correcting your erroneous statement about our OOC record. I agree with you on the rest.

Reaction Score
Some talk on the Memphis board that Trashon Burrell may not play on Thursday due to discipline issues. He didn't play in the 2nd half of the SMU game. Had 17 points earlier in the year against us, and lit us up at Gampel last year.

Reaction Score
Some talk on the Memphis board that Trashon Burrell may not play on Thursday due to discipline issues. He didn't play in the 2nd half of the SMU game. Had 17 points earlier in the year against us, and lit us up at Gampel last year.
Also, I expect the return of Brimah to have an impact on Goodwin. In the 2 Memphis games last year, Brimah averaged 37 minutes and was able to limit Goodwin to 8 points each game. In the first game against UConn without Brimah, Goodwin goes off for 23 points.

Reaction Score
Apparently, that was of his own doing. Another Memphis board is saying he refused to come out of the locker room after halftime. Mod on that board says based on what he knows, he wouldn't play Burrell Thursday night.

Reaction Score
So we have Memphis, ECU, Temple, Tulsa, SMU and Cincy coming up for our next six games, the last 4 all sitting ahead of us in the standings. If we can handle business the next two weeks, the SMU and Cincy games could have huge impacts on who holds the top spot for the conference. Basically - just win and we control our destiny.

Clearly we're doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3