Our Transfers Out | The Boneyard

Our Transfers Out

Reaction Score
Have any of our transfers out received any interest from other teams?

Reaction Score
Have any of our transfers out received any interest from other teams?
Diggins has gotten Interest from LaSalle and Penn St. while Floyd has a huge list headed with likely landing place in Providence. I haven't heard anyone wanting Gaffney and Akok just got in today. Corey Floyd's list is as follows: Providence Maryland Virginia Tech Georgia Temple Iona Wake Forest Pitt Depaul Fairfield NC State.

Reaction Score
I guess based on what was posted Diggins is also getting attention from UMASS and URI as he isn't visiting Penn St.

Reaction Score
Nathan Strauss tweeted that Diggins is going to UMass to play for Frank Martin. Strauss just graduated from UMass and did college sports on the radio.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Diggins to UMass is confirmed on twitter. Kind of speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
Does that seem weird to anyone else? You would think the potential transfer would travel to the school. Maybe Huggy Bear is thinking the less he knows ahead of time the better!
I suppose Huggy has a travel budget. Akok does not. Just like recruiting HS kids. But yeah, it would be weird to see Huggy walking around the Storrs area.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I suppose Huggy has a travel budget. Akok does not. Just like recruiting HS kids. But yeah, it would be weird to see Huggy walking around the Storrs area.
About 3 summers ago I saw Calipari walking through Storrs Downtown. I had to do a double take. But he was in town for a coaches event.

Reaction Score

Proves what I said that Akok is the only one of our transfers that would have been a useful player for next year.

Huggins going out of his way to get Akok. Quite the statement there for a coach of Huggins stature to personally visit a UCONN transfer who everybody in Storrs thinks is no good.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hurley will have any interaction with Huggins? Is it permissible to have interaction with a coach recruiting one of your players transferring out?

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hurley will have any interaction with Huggins? Is it permissible to have interaction with a coach recruiting one of your players transferring out?
Coaches can talk to each other whenever they want

Reaction Score
Going to guess he’s crushing MJ steakhouse and hitting Mohegan hard

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does that seem weird to anyone else? You would think the potential transfer would travel to the school. Maybe Huggy Bear is thinking the less he knows ahead of time the better!
We played at WVU last season. So Akok has at least been there. School is winding down and Akok would potentially miss a lot if he had to fly.

Reaction Score

Is it? Or is he savvy enough to know the way to our players is through Blaze?

Reaction Score
About 3 summers ago I saw Calipari walking through Storrs Downtown. I had to do a double take. But he was in town for a coaches event.
Not a coach, but I saw Robin Roberts on campus. Mid/late 90s. Had a short conversation with her. 2 or 3 sentences. I said, "Are you....". She completed my sentence with, "Robin Roberts from ESPN."

I then asked why she was on campus. She was interviewing Nykesha Sales I think. Or another player from the Women's team. Can't remember which.

Robin was quite beautiful and I vividly remember her smile. Way better looking than Huggy or Calipari.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We played at WVU last season. So Akok has at least been there. School is winding down and Akok would potentially miss a lot if he had to fly.
Yeah, I guess, but playing there is a lot different from touring the facilities meeting the other players etc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Proves what I said that Akok is the only one of our transfers that would have been a useful player for next year.

Huggins going out of his way to get Akok. Quite the statement there for a coach of Huggins stature to personally visit a UCONN transfer who everybody in Storrs thinks is no good.

I don't think the majority of people think Akok stinks. He got injured and it sadly rendered him a shell of his former self. His numbers speak for themself.

I'd rather have him stayed in a backup role and I suspect the staff feels the same, but he's going to seek clearer paths to getting on the court elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Not sure it means that. By my count, WVU is bringing back 2 scholarship bigs. They've got a couple of okay recruits coming in but looks like they need depth much more than UConn does for next season.

Reaction Score
It's obvious. Huggy is on campus to talk to Hurley about joining the Big 12 - he wanted a better travel partner than cinci. Or he wants back into the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom