Our state laid down | The Boneyard

Our state laid down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
instead of fighting this. We should have hired a PR firm out there. Emmert was fired from UCONN, and has an axe to grind. By making the APR retroactive, they were able to manipulate the numbers, and see that we would be the only school effected. Double jeopardy is against the law in this country, and so are ex post facto laws.
The president of U Hart was the chair of the committee that considered taking the most recent year's data, which would have cleared us. They chose to not. While I understand that he may have no love for UCONN, and I understand that UHart is a private school, the governor and the legislators of this state should have made it plainly clear to him that if he did not do the right thing, that his school would feel the full weight of the entire state government coming down on them. No streetlights fixed, no roads plowed, no traffic control, no grants, no anything.
If the president of Emory was in this spot, and UGA was on the hook, or Tulane and LSU, or Xavier and OSU, do you think that there would be any possible way that things wouldn't turn out in there favor?
Malloy is a BC alum, thanks.

Reaction Score
Double jeopardy is against the law in this country, and so are ex post facto laws.

1. Neither double jeopardy nor ex post facto laws are legally implicated by what the NCAA does.

2. You can't shut UHa down because you are trying to blackmail its President. While the University of Connecticut is very important to the state of Connecticut, many here act like the Government's only goal is to protect UConn's athletic department. That is not and can not be our Government's only goal. And students and employees of the University of Hartford can not be used as pawns as you so superficially suggest.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So while you understand that Hartford is a private school you have decided to stop doing state maintenance on their campus. Eat that hawks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no womens bball games for uhart...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How would that message have been delivered?

A brick through his window? A note left in the pocket of a dead hooker planted in his bedroom? Tattooed to a pig's corpse mailed to his office?

I'm not in politics, but I imagine one must be subtle when conducting state-sponsored blackmail.

Reaction Score
What was the reason Emmert was fired from UConn?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What was the reason Emmert was fired from UConn?

He wasn't fired - he left to become Chancellor of LSU.

Reaction Score
He wasn't fired - he left to become Chancellor of LSU.
I have been told he wanted the president job but the school decided to bring someone in over him....any truth to that?

pj

Reaction Score
Why was he fired from LSU? Flirted too much with Les Miles's mistress?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have been told he wanted the president job but the school decided to bring someone in over him....any truth to that?

No.

He was actually held in high regard during his time at UConn, but he wasn't in a position to be considered for the president's job in 1996 when Austin was picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom