Our Shy Husky racks up another NIL deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Shy Husky racks up another NIL deal

Reaction Score
Could be a tv interview with her and Evina in which she kept deferring to E and both laughed at her reluctance to take questions. Minute 22 captures the gist of those times:

Everyone looks “shy” when interviewed along with E. E dominates every interview. Plus Caroline was a freshmen and probably had not done many interviews at the time. I didn’t get “shy” from her reluctance.

Reaction Score
Foreign students are allowed to work on campus (work/study). But NIL programs technically involve non-college related income and are prohibited as you indicate.
So, if some "blanket" NIL for the whole team was worked out, the Non-USA players would be excluded. (I can't bring myself to call Sveta or Anna, or Inez--Foreign, they aren't to me. It takes a strong EGO to not feel disassociated i.e. Left-out in that situation.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that....
Luck not required. If you are strategic about selecting a major and research which majors are currently in demand, and are projected to be in demand in the future then you will have not trouble making a living. Most STEM majors have no problems finding good paying jobs.

Reaction Score
I don't think Caroline is shy. I just think she realizes when she goes on TV there may be hundreds of thousands of people watching. She recognizes it's an important part of her career. I'm surprised they all do as well as they do. I imagine media training is part of their team assimilation process and they help each other a lot for sure.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So, if some "blanket" NIL for the whole team was worked out, the Non-USA players would be excluded. (I can't bring myself to call Sveta or Anna, or Inez--Foreign, they aren't to me. It takes a strong EGO to not feel disassociated i.e. Left-out in that situation.
As of this point in time, there are no blanket NIL deals in WBB that I’m aware of. However, there are blanket NIL deals in men’s football that appear to be pervasive among Power-5 conference teams.

Reaction Score
As of this point in time, there are no blanket NIL deals in WBB that I’m aware of. However, there are blanket NIL Thdeals in men’s football that appear to be pervasive among Power-5 conference teams.
Thanks. I was thinking, in terms of Fairness. I know "life isn't fair', however,some functions should be FAIR. It is obvious, all players are not as well known as others, all are on the same team. Popularity (for whatever reason) tends to dictate who gets what level of NIL.

Reaction Score
Luck not required. If you are strategic about selecting a major and research which majors are currently in demand, and are projected to be in demand in the future then you will have not trouble making a living. Most STEM majors have no problems finding good paying jobs.
Personality 3 daughters in HS. 3 high on academic standards. One plots for 3 years, checks all the boxes, gets the Candy Stripe volunteer job, contests, Harvard. Now she could pay a chunk of the National debt. Other 2, MIT and UConn. Army Col.and State Dept Analyst, nice maybe fun jobs STEM educations,? Engineering, Law, A.I. Personality dictates focus, dedication. If you must succeed beyond your wildest dream that begins in High School with focus on the requirements to get you to where you are going . Then don't lose focus.
A Top Electrical Engineer student, I remember, 3 plus years outstanding, focused. Fell in love/drugs--never graduated. She remains in my heart. Some students stay with you forever.

Reaction Score
Everyone looks “shy” when interviewed along with E. E dominates every interview. Plus Caroline was a freshmen and probably had not done many interviews at the time. I didn’t get “shy” from her reluctance.
"Caroline was a freshmen and probably had not done many interviews at the time"
That's one of the best reasons for shyness ever heard of.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It looks like the Texas Tech women have a blanket deal..
TTU women's hoops players land $25K NIL deals
These alumni collectives are ubiquitous in big time college football. This is the first I’ve heard of it in WBB. In some ways it is the polar opposite of NIL where athletes like Paige are paid based on their commercial appeal as influencers. These collectives pay athletes for just being on the team with no particular concern about their marketability.

Reaction Score
"Caroline was a freshmen and probably had not done many interviews at the time"
That's one of the best reasons for shyness ever heard of.
Ok. You guys can make her shy if it fits your narrative. Inexperienced maybe?

Reaction Score
Texas Tech has 4 foreign players on their roster, from Australia, Nigeria, Finland and Switzerland.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech has 4 foreign players on their roster, from Australia, Nigeria, Finland and Switzerland.
And from Texas!! That place is like it’s own country. I think they want to leave the Union .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom