Our Seniors | The Boneyard

Our Seniors

Reaction Score

This quote has all the feels.

Thank You Josh.
Thank You Isaiah.
Thank You Tyler.

You all came in at the darkest time for this program. And now y’all are getting ready to leave winners. Y’all did it. Now finish it right! Let’s Go Huskies

Reaction Score
These three deserve a heckuva lot of praise for sticking it out when the easy thing would have been to bail and the dark days would have been even darker without any of them.

And let’s not forget, our best resume win of the year doesn’t happen if Josh Carlton doesn’t come in and go for 9 and 11 against USC after getting sat for two games before that.

Reaction Score
With all of the "stuff" they had to deal with it's a shame they won't be getting a Standing O at full Gampel on Sat.

Odd year. What can you do but wish them well in the BET/Tournament and Life after UConn.

Thanks for having the onions to stick around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d shockingly probably want Tyler to return the most. We are going to need outside shooting
it's easily whaley. we only have 3 bigs currently on the roster for next year so he'd fill an equally important need (and he's also a lot better).

we are also more limited with who we can bring in upfront than on the wing. imo we can only recruit a grad transfer big so our frontcourt isnt too crowded for clingan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's easily whaley. we only have 3 bigs currently on the roster for next year so he'd fill an equally big need (and he's also a lot better).
AA/AS/SJ/RS for next year..

Reaction Score
springs isnt going from 12th man to the 4th big in the rotation but he still has 4 years of eligibility to carve out a role

are we also penciling in akok for 30 mpg next year? no reservations at all?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So you’d be satisfied with a four man rotation where two of them haven’t played a meaningful minute of college basketball, and one has played just a few since an injury that for all we know won’t allow him back to 100% of what he was (which, to remind everyone, was an outstanding defensive player who didn’t have an offensive game).

If I had my choice, but I’d make sure I was more certain I had at least 3 bigs who could play.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’d shockingly probably want Tyler to return the most. We are going to need outside shooting
ugh. i understand, but ugh. taking minutes from which future draft pick?

Reaction Score
springs isnt going from 12th man to our 4th big in the rotation. he still has 4 years of eligibility to carve out a role
Don't think KFree and DH agree with you on RS but I fully understand the interest in IW. Just don't think DH is going to "stunt the growth" of the young guys and/or limit a fully recovered AA(for PT) by giving IW the amount of minutes he's used to having this season.

IMO. Roster construction and player development will be a pleasant problem for DH/staff to deal with .at the 4/5 next season.

Reaction Score
So you’d be satisfied with a four man rotation where two of them haven’t played a meaningful minute of college basketball, and one has played just a few since an injury that for all we know won’t allow him back to 100% of what he was (which, to remind everyone, was an outstanding defensive player who didn’t have an offensive game).

If I had my choice, but I’d make sure I was more certain I had at least 3 bigs who could play.
My initial point in responding to @bendm was that RS was omitted from any recognition as being a big for next season and I was simply pointing that out.

I was not stating that those players are the answer ( entering next season) for our Big "rotation"-a term never used in @bendm's post but by you. Clarification--In his initial post.

I see our Big rotation as being very fluid for next year based on a number of variables which would be speculative in nature to discuss now.

Am going to enjoy the rest of the season and not invest a lot of time in that exercise.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Each of these three will be making some money playing basketball somewhere after this year if they choose. As much as Carlton makes me want to bang my head against the wall watching him miss from point blank range time after time, I've gotta respect the fact that he and the others stuck it out through some truly dark times instead of bailing.

Reaction Score
Each of these three will be making some money playing basketball somewhere after this year if they choose. As much as Carlton makes me want to bang my head against the wall watching him miss from point blank range time after time, I've gotta respect the fact that he and the others stuck it out through some truly dark times instead of bailing.

If IW leaves, I would be thrilled if Josh came back to be a backup Center. I’d be shocked if we have better options to be a pure backup 5 than that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There is absolutely no doubt these are three great young men. Hopefully they have many games left.

Reaction Score
Much respect for sticking through the rough Ollie years and staying with Hurley. All great quotes focused on this year, but all that being said, if they are going to play another year of college ball, each probably could go somewhere else as a Grad transfer for more minutes, although I think Whaley would get the same playing time as this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly I want to speak just to Josh. Feel like he was the most critiqued player we have had of the 3 seniors. I just want to say thank you for keeping a smile and having a first class attitude no matter what the situation is, whether playing or being on the bench being ready to have your name called if needed.

There was just something about Josh that made me root for him no matter what.

I'll never forget the junior season BIG Josh.

Reaction Score

Ya idk who seriously thinks that we don't need another big in the offseason. The coaches may think Springs is on the right track but from any fans perspective there's reason to be skeptical.

We would be extremely lucky to have either of our bigs to come back. And they'd be lucky to get a free Master's degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom