Our Savvy Molly | The Boneyard

Our Savvy Molly

Reaction Score
1577296220650.png

Very nice article about Molly by Carl Adamec

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Congrats to Molly's straight A in the Fall semester ... very smart and intellectual player.

"Bent, a mathematics major, recorded a 4.0 grade point average during the Fall 2019 semester, her fifth consecutive semester of all A’s. In her academic career at UConn she has one B-plus. "

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wait a minute! You’re telling me that Molly got a B+ in English? Sounds to me like some Associate Professor trying to make a name for themselves in a bid for tenure. “My class is so tough even Molly Bent couldn’t earn an A.” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wait a minute! You’re telling me that Molly got a B+ in English? Sounds to me like some Associate Professor trying to make a name for themselves in a bid for tenure. “My class is so tough even Molly Bent couldn’t earn an A.” :rolleyes:
Frankly, Dude, I think your post would read just fine without the :rolleyes:. I had pretty much the same thought. Regardless of the circumstance, I hope that AP hasn't read this article. Because if s/he has or does, s/he just might end up feeling a little less of themselves as an AP, P, and/or person.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am guessing that unlike math courses which are generally objectively graded, English classes are often subjectively graded. Since her B+ was early in her career, she probably needed some experience to learn the idiosyncrasies of the particular instructor.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The B+ is in english (not math) so I am even more impressed. ;)
I am guessing that unlike math courses which are generally objectively graded, English classes are often subjectively graded. Since her B+ was early in her career, she probably needed some experience to learn the idiosyncrasies of the particular instructor.
This numerate is impressed by the B+ in English. I had a 4.0 in physics (close to half my classes), A’s and B’s in math (most of the rest), and did pretty poorly in the “distribution requirements.”

Back then, I was pretty much a right and wrong, or fact-based guy, so as you allude, I never mastered the whole analyzing stuff for some person who thinks nothing like a scientist. It’s amazing how much I’ve changed having been married for 25 years and having a college-aged daughter who’s a writer and thinks like one. I’m a master of nuance now.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Frankly, Dude, I think your post would read just fine without the :rolleyes:. I had pretty much the same thought. Regardless of the circumstance, I hope that AP hasn't read this article. Because if s/he has or does, s/he just might end up feeling a little less of themselves as an AP, P, and/or person.
Not everyone is soooooo fra-gee-lee. It is probably having a good laugh.

Reaction Score
With Molly being a senior, I don't see anywhere on the schedule where she is having a game played near her home. I thought it was tradition for all seniors to have a game played in their hometown state. Did I miss something here?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With Molly being a senior, I don't see anywhere on the schedule where she is having a game played near her home. I thought it was tradition for all seniors to have a game played in their hometown state. Did I miss something here?
You do realize that Storrs, CT is about an hour drive from Molly’s hometown of Centerville, MA?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
With all due respect, tenure review committees don't generally give a flying flip about teaching, let alone who profs give mediocre grades to. ;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
With all due respect, tenure review committees don't generally give a flying flip about teaching, let alone who profs give mediocre grades to. ;)
True, but my son who got tenure from his university is known around his school as a great teacher who students vie for as well as a being known for his publications and research. I’m pretty sure they don’t look at his grading pattern.

Anyway, no doubt Molly slept through that English class and still managed a B+. Smart kid. Apparently good shooter too.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Somebody should probably let the A.P. who gave Molly a B+ know that.....:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom