Our on the ball defense was amazing! | The Boneyard

Our on the ball defense was amazing!

Reaction Score
Teams used to blow by our guards like they weren't there. Hard to believe how much better it is. On many possessions our guards simply wouldn't allow Houston by.

The credit has to go to Hurley or whoever he hired to fix the lay up line problem. There is only one word to describe the difference in defensive on the ball performance --- WOW!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Teams used to blow by our guards like they weren't there. Hard to believe how much better it is. On many possessions our guards simply wouldn't allow Houston by.

The credit has to go to Hurley or whoever he hired to fix the lay up line problem. There is only one word to describe the difference in defensive on the ball performance --- WOW!!!!!!
And their guys weren't plodders either. Agree the on ball d was amazing. Houston shoots the ball pretty darn good.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

This is the big difference this year, in the last 6 weeks in particular. With Whaleys hedging and switching screens and much better use of feet on D rather than hands the olé path to the basket has been much rarer.

That’s one of the main things I loved about Calhoun team defenses. No drives to the hoop, make you earn it.

Reaction Score
Like I said on another thread , AG was like Ricky Moore tonight. He must ve caused at least 4 turnovers. Best D I’ve seen by someone all year. Our overall team D cud be a problem for teams The rest of way . Only team I don’t want to face till finals is Houston. We can deff win this thing. CV was ice water btw. And best sequence of game was when Sid had the blow up block and AG came back the other way and put Houston defender on skates. Great game. Great win !!

Reaction Score
Like I said on another thread , AG was like Ricky Moore tonight. He must ve caused at least 4 turnovers. Best D I’ve seen by someone all year. Our overall team D cud be a problem for teams The rest of way . Only team I don’t want to face till finals is Houston. We can deff win this thing. CV was ice water btw. And best sequence of game was when Sid had the blow up block and AG came back the other way and put Houston defender on skates. Great game. Great win !!

I know one thing...we are absolutely the most dangerous team going into the AAC tournament. I know for a fact no team in the conference wants to see us in the tournament. On the other hand, I am not scared to face any team in this lousy conference. On any given night we are good enough to beat any team in this conference and damn well good enough to win the AAC and make some noise in the NCAA! Let's go!!!! I am absolutely pumped after Houston win tonight! Let's go Huskies!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know one thing...we are absolutely the most dangerous team going into the AAC tournament. I know for a fact no team in the conference wants to see us in the tournament. On the other hand, I am not scared to face any team in this lousy conference. On any given night we are good enough to beat any team in this conference and damn well good enough to win the AAC and make some noise in the NCAA! Let's go!!!! I am absolutely pumped after Houston win tonight! Let's go Huskies!

I am confident going into the AAC tourny as well, but let's temper the expectations-well at least I am going to. The fact of the matter is, UConn can beat anyone in this conference but they can also lose to anyone as well.

I really like how this team has progressed throughout the season and I am so proud of the team.

"I am not scared to face any team in this lousy conference."
I really wanted UConn in the ACC because I wanted to get season tix for those games. The New Big East, is 2nd, but works for me, too as their conference tournament is the best in the nation with it being at MSG. I am glad UConn will be there next year, but IMO, there is no need to disparage the American.

Reaction Score
One weak spot esp. in the first couple of min. was on our rotation . Vital didn't get to his man in H first 3. Didn't find his man until it was too late. Their 2nd basket to put us down 5 was also an open man on rotation .
We better know our def. assign. vs Tulane or we won't get into the NCAA.

Agree but our defense wasn't perfect like 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2013. Let's not lose our men at times no temp. breakdowns.like on H first 2 baskets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom