Our offensive line is pretty good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our offensive line is pretty good

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry E4, I agee with Pal on this one. Pindell’s instinct is to run first — given his running ability I don’t blame him. Zavier Scott does go down after first contact a lot — hopefully a year of maturity will help him there so he can better take advantage of his natural speed. Mensah breaks more tackles but could be better at it. I believe the OLine will be a strength next year.
Well the OLine better be a strength next year- it will have the most snaps of any unit on the team by far for prior game experience. And I just think everyone is over excited about one good game. Do it again to make it a real trend.

Reaction Score
This is classic boneyard. The Oline has a single good game and suddenly they re-remember the entire season up to that point differently. Pindell bobs and weaves to success more than he holds the ball too long for sacks. This Oline has really had just one good game - SMU.

This isn’t a single good game. I have watched the O Line closely, watched them, not looked at stats. They are winning the battles consistently. This is an above average unit.

I know it sounds weird to say a team that is so horrid has an above average O Line but they do. Excellent run blocks - not just big on big but in pulling, double teams, and staying under control at the second level. They are solid in pass protection. They set up very good pockets, Pindell just doesn’t like to step into them. When pressure comes it does come from the interior.

Reaction Score
And just to add, I love Pindells toughness and his running ability is unreal. Just not a very good passer in accuracy and footwork. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player because if it wasn’t for him we would lose every game 75-0.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
And just to add, I love Pindells toughness and his running ability is unreal. Just not a very good passer in accuracy and footwork. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player because if it wasn’t for him we would lose every game 75-0.

Which evidently many people think we should be doing by playing Krajewski at QB and putting Pindell in the slot so we can get next years QB “experience”.

Reaction Score
Which evidently many people think we should be doing by playing Krajewski at QB and putting Pindell in the slot so we can get next years QB “experience”.

Rediculous. Pindell earned the right to be the qb. Zero problem if we are down 55-14 in the 4th and we see what the other qbs can do, but Pindell is the leader of this offense at qb.

Reaction Score
You are confusing the offensive design --hold the ball to protect the defense-- with the offensive line play. The design is to blame for our poor offensive performances. Your list just places the blame on the OL shoulders with zero analysis. The OL has given Pindell more than enough time to get the ball off. Our WR do not get separation. You are confusing coverage and indecision with line play. And the holes are there. Our RBs hardly ever break a tackle, in fact, they usually go down on first contact. I trust my eyes.

Terry Caulley broke more tackles on one run against Indiana than our backs have broken all year.

Reaction Score
Mensah has the potential to be the best back we've had in here since Todman.

Reaction Score
Mensah has the potential to be the best back we've had in here since Todman.

Pretty bad group, but I would rank them:
McCombs
Mensah
Newsome
Johnson
DeLorenzo
McCummings
Marriner

McCombs was way better than the rest. Hard to rank Newsome; terrible running the ball but great on screen passes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Pretty bad group, but I would rank them:
McCombs
Mensah
Newsome
Johnson
DeLorenzo
McCummings
Marriner

McCombs was way better than the rest. Hard to rank Newsome; terrible running the ball but great on screen passes.

All things considered, no way RonJohn is ahead of DeLorenzo.

Reaction Score

>> ”What they’ve done is they got comfortable within the scheme,” offensive coordinator John Dunn said Wednesday. “You get to this point in the year and you’ve seen every look, seen every pressure. So I think they’ve gotten comfortable playing together. Their communication has gotten better with each other. I think a lot of that is on them because their preparation has been better, and then any time you have success at anything in life you gain some confidence, which keeps snowballing.”<<

>>The best news for the Huskies: Van Demark, DeGeorge, Leone are all only sophomores, while Peart is a junior, meaning four-fifths of the UConn line (all but Crozier) will be back to open holes for Mensah and whoever serves as the team’s quarterback.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom