Our Last Game This Big? | The Boneyard

Our Last Game This Big?

Reaction Score
Seriously, when was the last time I woke up in the morning anticipating a UConn basketball or even football game that was a “big” game in any realistic sense? The loss to Kansas in the second round in 2016? My God, that was almost 5 years ago. What a drought/negative turnaround from what UConn life used to be.

Reaction Score
The only time I felt any true anticipation to an AAC game was going up against Cincinnati because of the previous Big East matchups

Reaction Score
The Adams bomb game maybe, got us in the Dance.

Yup, this is similarly a punch-your-ticket game (so long as we take care of Georgetown/Marquette to end the season).

Reaction Score
I think last year‘s Houston game comes close.

I was certainly looking forward to that rematch, but it came late in the regular season where we weren't competing either for the conference crown or an at large bid, so I don't think that qualifies.

I enjoyed our stretch run to the conference tourney last year, but they were just games to get better and enjoy. They didn't have meaning in the context of a season.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly the MSU game in 2017 where we lost Gilbert for the year was big. That was a 30 win team . We had beaten host Oregon and were 5-0 .
If the tourney didn’t get canceled last year the Cinncy and Houston wins would have been huge for inclusion in some post season. Tourney.
The AAC tourney semi game against Cinncy in 2017 would have set up a championship game in Hartford for an NCAA bid. That’s pretty big also.
This is a huge “win “ because it’s on the road and against Nova But a loss is not
devastating which mitigates the game’s value. Yes a win is huge but we don’t know the outcome.
All Neutral court wins in the BE against good teams tourney ) will be huge.
After we win let’s revisit the post and compare it with other wins.

Reaction Score
Last years game vs Houston at Gampel was the first time we beat a ranked team in a long time. That was big at the time and that was our last "Big" game. I think today is very important. Does it break our season if we lose? No, but we have 5 games left, and it would be nice to at least split the remaining games with Villanova and Seton Hall, two teams that are ahead of us in the Big East standings.

I just said in another thread how we owe Villanova a good beat down. They beat us in Hartford by 20, then they gave us a second half beat down at MSG by 20 again, last years game was close but they still won. We owe them one.

Reaction Score
I think last year‘s Houston game comes close.
I agree. Gampel was alive that night. Left there thinking we had a shot in the AAC Tourney. Then...well, the world stopped spinning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom