Our future QB having a great season | The Boneyard

Our future QB having a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Casey Cochran was 13-17 for 300 yards and 4 td,'s. Team is 4-0 and ave.49 points per game. I believe he will arrive at Uconn in Jan..

Reaction Score
That gives him 90 career TD's, a state record. He certainly will hit 100 TD's which is an amazing number.

Casey Cochran was 13-17 for 300 yards and 4 td,'s. Team is 4-0 and ave.49 points per game. I believe he will arrive at Uconn in Jan..

Reaction Score
Masuk has a very weak schedule. Today's Courant mentioned his competetion is a combined 4-12 and the next two opponents are winless to date.
The states will determine how he fares vs decent competetion.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Masuk has a very weak schedule. Today's Courant mentioned his competetion is a combined 4-12 and the next two opponents are winless to date.
Then he should do well in the current or NBE conference.

Reaction Score
He has excellent arm strength and accuracy.....he has been well coached.....time will tell if he can keep up with the speed of D1 football

Reaction Score
I've seen him play and he appeared to have skills and accuracy.

However, although my brother supports his hometown HS team, Masuk-Monroe, in his opinion it is in a very weak conference.

He supports UC football also,,,,,,,but is afraid the Cochrane hype may be premature and similar to JMac's u-tube sensation. While he hopes both succeed, he feels UC's defense and preseason scrimmages made JMac appear better than he may be. He added that Masuks' competition is like UC's defense.......it makes an o.k. QB look like Peyton Manning.

Reaction Score
Masuk is ranked #5 in the tri-state area, according to MSG Network. Ahead of Staples and New Canaan.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

As a junior didn't he lead his team to a 41-0 thrashing in the State title game?

Reaction Score
I think the kid is a good football player. But that in no way translates into meaning he he is anywhere close to taking the starting job at UCONN next season. In fact, I'll go even further. If he is the starter next year, we are in for a horrible season because it means we still don't have a solid quarterback. Redshirt, Redshirt, redshirt. the difference between a college BCS conference and whatever high school league he is in today is like the difference between Wesleyan's league and the NFL

Reaction Score
With Nebrich and Mac back for next season my hope would be this kid gets the luxury of a red shirt to adjust to this level of play. McCummings has be scratching my head, because I just don't know what the long-term plans are for him.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I agree there is no way he starts next year. Smart move is to redshirt him. If Nebrich takes the starting job from Mac then the odds are probably against Cochran starting until he is a junior. That's the normal path for a D1 QB with exceptions brought about by supreme talent or recruiting deficiencies. We'll see how Nebrich and McCummings progress. Cochran shouldn't be put in a position where he is expected to come in and outperform guys who have been with the program for a couple of years.

Reaction Score
i like challenges. and casey will be a challenge. he has a perfect arm, very accurate, and will be going against the stream! he's being dobted bcus he stands 5 11' and not very athletic with his feet. i like the challenge and eager to see what he does!

Reaction Score
As a junior didn't he lead his team to a 41-0 thrashing in the State title game?
Whole point is this kid isn't just coming in immediately and lead us to a BCS game next year. We have to give Cochran & Nebich time

Reaction Score
Boeing Brown passed for a Touchdown tonight (57 yards) and ran for a touchdown over 60 yards and lead his team to a 28-14 win. He is also playing defense and had two tackles and a knockdown, helped spring a defensive interception. He lost most of his WR's to graduation and is working with what he has it seems, a ton of dropped passes...but D1 form, speed, accuracy and velocity...he really has command of his offense. I heard he got offered from two Big Ten and a SEC East team, but probably @UconnFootball12 would know better (I think he speaks to the family)...he looks really good, tall, strong and fast with a great passing form. He did similar last week and is showing solid D1 talent. I read on twitter he will be at UCONN tomorrow visiting, please offer this kid already...He really seems like a great kid on and off the field.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Whole point is this kid isn't just coming in immediately and lead us to a BCS game next year. We have to give Cochran & Nebich time
I was just responding specifically to the idea that we should wait til states to make a judgment when we already saw what their offense could do last year in states. As my next post indicated, I think the odds are against him starting until he is a RS Jr. It is just hard to come in and outperform someone that has been with the program for 1 (Nebrich) or 2 (McCummings) years.

Reaction Score
I was just responding specifically to the idea that we should wait til states to make a judgment when we already saw what their offense could do last year in states. As my next post indicated, I think the odds are against him starting until he is a RS Jr. It is just hard to come in and outperform someone that has been with the program for 1 (Nebrich) or 2 (McCummings) years.
I would love it if Masuk could play Xavier. Unfortunately they are in different classifications.
BTW, Masuk's top receiver is a UConn commit also. Milone is a jr. and will join the baseball team in 2 years. I understand his dad played in a high minor league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom