Our frosh watching their elders ascend to the next level | The Boneyard

Our frosh watching their elders ascend to the next level

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Obviously I recognize Azzi and Caroline - is that Amari? Did she cut most of her hair off? Maybe it's all part of her summer routine - new attitude, new work ethic, new hairdo...!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The other image was Azzi and Paige so I assume the entire team had a watch party

Reaction Score
Obviously I recognize Azzi and Caroline - is that Amari? Did she cut most of her hair off? Maybe it's all part of her summer routine - new attitude, new work ethic, new hairdo...!!

Looks like amari took her braids out

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Getting drafted is a really nice accomplishment but the real ascension is making a WNBA Roster. There’s only 12 teams and only 12 spots on each team and with the salary cap, some teams won’t even carry 12 players. Of the 36 Women drafted only 13-19 might make the opening day roster.

Our Ladies have more opportunities in Europe and Australia. Another bummer is Russia was a huge opportunity for WBB but now, the political climate is far too dangerous and further limits opportunities.

It is very hard to make it as a professional player in the women’s ranks. Best of luck to ours, they will need it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ono is NOT in a good situation in LA. Cambage, Nneka, Chiney (altho not sure how serious she is), Zahui, Lauren Cox, and Jasmin Walker, last year's 1st round pick who sat out with an injury. Would not be surprised to see her not make the team. Not sure why LA drafted her.

Reaction Score
but Caroline certainly looks different with a big ol smile on her face
She's not on the court. Game face off. ;)
Evina may have lucked out going to the Storm. I have the totally unscientific impression that of all the teams they tend to be the most patient.
Agree with the landing home for Evina but not sure of the most patient part. Me thinks they enjoy the Geno Ct connection and will do well with Sue, Breanna and Gabby to acclimate Evina asap. Also she shined a light on herself as a team player by going from a starter to coming off the bench which is an attribute I am sure they noticed.
Would not be surprised to see her not make the team. Not sure why LA drafted her.
My guess is you already know this but not thinking of it at the time. Some teams draft for need and others draft for the highest rated player in their window to choose. That often results in a trade for a veteran for a more needed position.
I wish all three of them nothing but luck down the road wherever it may be....

Reaction Score
She's not on the court. Game face off. ;)

Agree with the landing home for Evina but not sure of the most patient part. Me thinks they enjoy the Geno Ct connection and will do well with Sue, Breanna and Gabby to acclimate Evina asap. Also she shined a light on herself as a team player by going from a starter to coming off the bench which is an attribute I am sure they noticed.

My guess is you already know this but not thinking of it at the time. Some teams draft for need and others draft for the highest rated player in their window to choose. That often results in a trade for a veteran for a more needed position.
I wish all three of them nothing but luck down the road wherever it may be....
I thought the same thing that they were taking Ono for a future trade. Wondered if Dearica Hamby, Ono’s sister-in-law, of the Las Vegas Aces, would like her on the team. Or possibly Mike T of the Washington Mystics. He really likes the UConn players.

Reaction Score
Evina may have lucked out going to the Storm. I have the totally unscientific impression that of all the teams they tend to be the most patient.
I concur, but not because of patience. EW is a tall guard and all of the guards currently on the Storm's roster are under 6' (Sue Bird, Briann January, Jewell Loyd, Jade Melbourne, and Epiphany Prince), in some cases well below. She has shown she can effectively guard 1-3 and, in a pinch, guard the 4. She is far more versatile than the other guards on their roster, though not the most talented (Jewell Loyd is). She should be able to make the final roster.

Reaction Score
Agree with all said above. Liv is my worry. If she does make a roster, I don't think it will be LA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom