Our defense is really, really ridiculously good-looking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our defense is really, really ridiculously good-looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And in terms of adjusted defensive efficiency - we're 2nd in the country. So much for crappy defense.

Offense is 113th. But also 313th in luck... so... maybe just a lot of underperformance on offense that might balance itself out...

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This is Calhoun-esque defending. Suffocating. In the 2nd half tonight, Memphis got off almost no clean looks. At one point, we had taken 22 shots to their 5 (!!!). Dominant. This defense reminded me of the National championship game against Butler, and this defense can lead us to number 5.
We do look good and did defend well last night but something was really off with Memphis last night. I think there might be more to the Burrell suspension than we know. Memphis and particularly Shaq Goodwin had much more enthusiam when we played at our place.

Reaction Score
This is Calhoun-esque defending. Suffocating. In the 2nd half tonight, Memphis got off almost no clean looks. At one point, we had taken 22 shots to their 5 (!!!). Dominant. This defense reminded me of the National championship game against Butler, and this defense can lead us to number 5.

Yeah that span in the second half was absolutely 100% "UConn Basketball", stingy insane tight defense and beautiful fast breaks run like a ballet, that was fun to see

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The defense has improved a great deal. I think that Gibbs has shown great improvement in staying in front of his man. I don't see this team as being one of the great UConn defensive teams, but maybe they can get there. I'm not sure that we can defend an elite point guard. Melo pretty much had his way with us and it will be interesting to see how we do against SMU's Moore.

Reaction Score
After hearing the early drumbeat that our defense was terrible and historically bad, I am very much looking forward to the point where we take over the #1 position.

Reaction Score
The loss of Brimah has made our other players stronger defensively. Even though the team had some tough losses, they are stronger for playing without him. Now that he is back, look out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom