Our Defense is going to be the ticket to any NCAA run. | The Boneyard

Our Defense is going to be the ticket to any NCAA run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we can pick up our D we are going to be able to compete with anyone.

This is the first game where you see what we hoped would happen this year- teams having a really hard time scoring in the paint and having to rely on outside shooting to keep them in the game.

Now I would like to see a 30+ point victory today- lets not let up on the gas like we have done in the past this year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If we can pick up our D we are going to be able to compete with anyone.

This is the first game where you see what we hoped would happen this year- teams having a really hard time scoring in the paint and having to rely on outside shooting to keep them in the game.

Now I would like to see a 30+ point victory today- lets not let up on the gas like we have done in the past this year.

Actually, the defense locked down against Harvard at about the same point it did in this game, something like 6-8 minutes to go in the first half. Harvard was good enough to get a little bit going in the second half. Holy Cross only scored 19 points after it was 25-21, and that included 2 late shot clock 3's. This really was an "offense sells tickets, defense wins ballgames" game . . . very fun to watch.

Reaction Score
It is amazing what one solid win can do for the mood around here. I really think - with the exception of our improved productivity in the paint- it was excellent defense that won this game and allowed us to pull away for the first time this year.

Reaction Score
It is amazing what one solid win can do for the mood around here. I really think - with the exception of our improved productivity in the paint- it was excellent defense that won this game and allowed us to pull away for the first time this year.

There should be a side by side board here. Posts by the same people after a win on the left and posts on the right after a loss. It would show how nuts we actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom